Anyone had a visit yet from the police?

As a BASC member I am surprised to see consultation of ACPO/CA without any apparent BASC comment or involvement.

Why are you surprised, yet again the CA's proactive actions win the day. Every shooter should be a member.

Perhaps you should ask the BASC why, yet again, they did not orchestrate a similar vociferous campaign........... However, their state of the art media center has managed this http://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/basc-welcomes-end-to-use-of-crimestoppers-line-for-firearms-security/

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why are you surprised, yet again the CA's proactive actions win the day. Every shooter should be a member"

Although I value your opinion which organization I choose to join is definitely my choice, Must admit I have not seen their press release & for some reason cannot get your link to work.

"Why are you surprised, yet again the CA's proactive actions win the day. Every shooter should be a member"

Although I value your opinion which organization I choose to join is definitely my choice, Must admit I have not seen their press release & for some reason cannot get your link to work.

I belong to both the BASC and the CA. Must admit that the CA seems very proactive at the moment and their lobbying machine is on the ball.

Sorry the link doesn't work, their press release can be found on their website.

As a BASC member I am surprised to see consultation of ACPO/CA without any apparent BASC comment or involvement.

Just cancelled my and my sons membership,BASC seem more intereted in pulling in cash and the odd gun draw if you introduce a member rather than support us latley,plus we will get bombarded with tbe christmas gift catalogue at any momdnt now.Just signed up with CA.

lets hope you get the same cover,and help from ca,as from basc.

The only thing I have had from basc is a quarterly magazine lol, their advise to my shooting buddy regarding the new medical form was"do it, done give Durham any excuse to refuse you grant" yep brilliant support.

Edited by Davyo

The only thing I have had from basc is a quarterly magazine lol, their advise to my shooting buddy regarding the new medical form was"do it, done give Durham any excuse to refuse you grant" yep brilliant support.

you could cover your head with the magazine when it rains bud :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::good:

atb Evo

"The only thing I have had from basc is a quarterly magazine lol, their advise to my shooting buddy regarding the new medical form was"do it, done give Durham any excuse to refuse you grant" yep brilliant support."

It is regrettable that you have been driven to change,must admit although I am reluctant to change CA at least appear to have "a pair".

I posted this on another thread I will post it here as well. They had 30 years terrorism here and the police never had a similar policy. Probably because the realised that legally owned firearms were not a problem. I wonder why they feel the need to bring it in now in the rest of the UK. I think they can spin it whatever way they want its an unnecessary intrusion and focusing on the wrong people law abiding firearms owners.

I enjoy my shooting, but the security of the people in the UK is more important than me having the privalage of owning a firearm.

You are kidding yourself if you think terrorists won't get firearms because of this policy.

IRA WEAPONRY

1,000 rifles
2 tonnes of Semtex
20-30 heavy machine guns
7 Surface-to-air missiles (unused)
7 flame throwers
1,200 detonators
11 rocket-propelled grenade launchers
90 hand guns
100+ grenades
Source: Security estimates/Jane's Intelligence Review

Edited by ordnance

Exactly, let's not forget in the Uk we had countless IRA actual terrorist attacks, not some loner thinking he is Osama bin laden getting infiltrated and arrested by the police. the IRA were properly organised and in my opinion much more dangerous, sicne they could blend in, but the extreme measures were not brought in.

I blame the whole 9/11 7/7 ooga booga terorism and the fact that government realised they can make soem money from this and pass anti freedom laws, not to mention it's a big business now.

Edited by Steppenwolf

I posted this on another thread I will post it here as well. They had 30 years terrorism here and the police never had a similar policy. Probably because the realised that legally owned firearms were not a problem. I wonder why they feel the need to bring it in now in the rest of the UK. I think they can spin it whatever way they want its an unnecessary intrusion and focusing on the wrong people law abiding firearms owners.

You are kidding yourself if you think terrorists won't get firearms because of this policy.

Sorry mate at no point did I state it would stop terrorist getting my guns.I said they could simply take them from me in the middle of the night while out shooting or follow any local syndicate to the pub after the shoot and remove them from their cars.

If Government security has been stepped up a we are under threat then a enforcement not allowing us to take out our guns out of our cabinets for the heightened allert period would be more effective.

Edited by Davyo

If Government security has been stepped up a we are under threat then a enforcement not allowing us to take out our guns out of our cabinets for the heightened allert period would be more effective.

I don't get it , did you not say they could come into your house and take them off you anyway, they will just get you to open your cabinet. As for not allowing firearms out of your cabinet at times of heightened alerts, if they had applied that here we would never be allowed our firearms out of our cabinets in Northern Ireland.

A County Down couple have been left severely traumatised after they were punched and beaten in their home by a gang of robbers.

Three legally held firearms were stolen during the burglary, which was one of several separate break-ins on Friday night.

An elderly couple in their 70s has been attacked and beaten by a gang of masked men who stole two guns from their home in County Antrim.

Police said four men in balaclavas got into the house at Saintfield Road, Lisburn, at about 20:00 GMT on Friday.

They attacked and beat the man, then locked him

A man was shot through the heart as he tried to defend his family from two men who had forced their way into his home to steal guns, a court has heard.

Financial advisor Geoff Kerr was shot dead in Templepatrick on 27 April 2009.

Darren Kernohan, 35, from Moss Drive in Antrim and Martin Fleming, from Churchill Road in Larne, both deny murdering the 60-year-old.

Edited by ordnance

I don't get it , did you not say they could come into your house and take them off you anyway, they will just get you to open your cabinet. As for not allowing firearms out of your cabinet at times of heightened alerts, if they had applied that here we would never be allowed our firearms out of our cabinets in Northern Ireland.

Yes but we are easier target when we have our guns out and away from our cabinets.

Edited by Davyo

That is a very dumb idea. How would they police that? So you're saying that the countryside would have to grind to a halt, all those jobs and people who hunt just because of some bogus scare. No offence but do you think before you type?

That is a very dumb idea. How would they police that? So you're saying that the countryside would have to grind to a halt, all those jobs and people who hunt just because of some bogus scare. No offence but do you think before you type?

Yep, if security of the uk is an issue and they have genuine intelligence then a curfew during any period of high allert is better than ******* about

If you know of a pub where guns are sold should you not be informing the police.

I don't think he is saying that he knows of a pub, but that in general most criminal elements obtain their firearms through other means.

Very few gun crimes take place using legally held or even stolen firearms.

Not to say there isn't the risk of someone trying to take your guns from vehicles/home but on the whole most `terrorists` actually prefer to adopt a low profile.

I don't think he is saying that he knows of a pub, but that in general most criminal elements obtain their firearms through other means.

Very few gun crimes take place using legally held or even stolen firearms.

Not to say there isn't the risk of someone trying to take your guns from vehicles/home but on the whole most `terrorists` actually prefer to adopt a low profile.

I knew what he was saying a little tongue in cheek comment.i cant believe this topic has now taken up so many pages on two different threads now.as for the terrorist stealing your guns well I cant remember to many attacks that guns were their preferred weapons car bombs maybe.

I knew what he was saying a little tongue in cheek comment.i cant believe this topic has now taken up so many pages on two different threads now.as for the terrorist stealing your guns well I cant remember to many .attacks that guns were their preferred weapons car bombs maybe.

Agreed.

I think that if I had some Semtex in the shed then maybe I would be at risk.

Having said that, there do seem to be a few individuals out there who are acting alone and are arguably capable of anything. They are sometimes the harder ones to spot.

My bow and arrow and catapault are safely under lock and key so I'll take my chances.

Isn't this all smoke and mirrors - the police are trying to look tough and efficient whereas the reality is that they regularly screw up and their errors reflect on us. Whenever a cock-up occurs as happened recently with the guy who killed two women we (BASC etc) should make a real issue of this. They want increased fees but do not do a good job and we suffer.