Beretta question

fruity

Hi all

Does anyone know if the forend off the 692 i used on any other beretta models ??

With it being a new model is the forend specific to the 692

I have emailed gmk, but thought i would ask on here as would be quicker

Thanks in advance

Edited by fruity

I know that the stock is not the same as other models.I think if I remember correctly the action is slimmer so it may not fit very well on other guns.I have looked at a few 692s and found the wood to be very plain and poor why would you want to fit one to another 🔫 gun

I guess it's produced just for the 692 , but a shot in the dark if it was from another model, it would be easier to find one because I'm not having much luck looking for one for my 692

I want to change my current 692 forend

If its only the colour that bothers you a good stocker will be able to finish it to a higher and more consistent finish.

I spoke to the stocker/gunsmith who fitted my gun for me who said the stock could be darkened no problem

I really like the colour of the stock but the forend is overly dark, hence why I thought I'd try and source another first :)

Edited by fruity

Ah overly dark not so easy to change. Sure someone somewhere will have the opposite issue just need to find them!

Good luck

Thats what I'm hoping and have found one second hand on the shelf , but they won't swap even though mine matches there stock perfect

I even offered money also to no avail

Thanks for the suggestions though it's appreciated :)

But if there's anyone one out there who owns a 692 what needs a darker forend by all means give me a shout :)

Edited by fruity

Thats what I'm hoping and have found one second hand on the shelf , but they won't swap even though mine matches there stock perfect

I even offered money also to no avail

Thanks for the suggestions though it's appreciated :)

Weird, keep hassling them would it be an option to buy the gun swap the wood and sell the gun?

Or tell us where it is we can all go round almost buy the gun but decide not to at the last minute due to the mismatched wood?

Edited by HDAV

Weird, keep hassling them would it be an option to buy the gun swap the wood and sell the gun?

Or tell us where it is we can all go round almost buy the gun but decide not to at the last minute due to the mismatched wood?

I have a funny feeling it's because I didn't buy my guns from them in the first place so they are reluctant to help

I would buy it and sell on or my wife could use it, but it's grossly overpriced

I'm pretty sure that forend wood from a Prevail or Perennia would fit because they use the same self tightening system with the long latch and also have the same wider action as the 692.

I spoke to gmk regarding this today and they are similar but the 692 forend was developed just the fit this gun :(

So my search continues

Edited by fruity

Sounds like you should get a nice custom made stock and forend of matching high grade walnut to me ;-)

Yes that's what you would expect :)

Gmk have since emailed and said if I rfd my gun to them they will match a forend to my stock to the best possible match they have in stock , the rfd back to me at my cost of course

And the new forend is only £225