Maxus recycling problems

tomaddy525

Hi all,

I'm on the solway this week and I've been lucky to have a few chances at pinks and greys. However, my Maxus has different ideas. I'm shooting heavy 3 1/2 inch carts and more times than not, following the first shot the second cartridge gets stuck half way into the breech. A simple forward assist knocks the round into place, but by that time the geese are usually too far on. It's worth mentioning that there is no problem with 3 inch cartridges.

Has anyone had problems with their maxus doing this and if so can you prevent it, i.e heavy oiling?

Thanks

I have owned a Maxus and had my share of issues also , its now sold .

First thing I would sujest is try a different Brand of shell , if that still turns up a FTL , try WD40 SILCONE on the breech area , shell carrier and lightly smear one or 2 shell brasses also , see where that gets you . Do not spray all over the place just a light coat will do . Make sure theres no dirt in there gumming things up to before you squirt ,

let us know how you get on , it worked for me just this week !

I have a Browning Gold and I find it depends on the cartridge. Game Bore 3 inch are ok and so are the 42gr 3.5 inch , but it jams with the 3.5 inch 40 gr loads. Also I does not like mixing different shell lengths. If i have a 3 inch fired first the following 3.5 inch often jams.

Edited by anser2

Don't get oil in your chamber or on the shells! To clean the mag tube use a wool bore mop, I should strip the gun fully as you never know what it is until you take a close look. I will have a 50/50 bet on a build up of muck slowing the shell lifter or a dirty mag tube but seriously could be anything, if you have travelled and you don't know how to work on the gun find someone who does locally.

The maxus has a stainless mag tube and a "plastic?" internal follower oil can only create problems and solve nothing, loading a dirty shell with mud on it will create this issue very easy done. If you really feel you must introduce a lube use a tiny amount of silicone lube and I do mean tiny, Even wiping over a few clean shells will do