Hunt In France - Big Game in the Alpes Mountain

French Outfitter

Hi Guys,

For my first topic, I would like to share a few photos of our last stalking hunt in the Alpes Mountains.

We got 4 chamois and 1 european sheep over the 2 days, with 3 guests.

It really was a challenging hunt ... but very rewarding as well as we saw plenty of animals !

Hope you will like the photos ...

Greetings from south of France.

Pierre

ucp.pj@orange.fr

post-72167-0-65405800-1413897329_thumb.jpg

post-72167-0-34259300-1413897390_thumb.jpg

Hi JDog,

You certainly need a certain degres of fitness to njoy the hunt. However, it's not that bad. It sometimes takes 1 or 2 hours walking to get to the hunting area but there is no rush to get there. And there it's a lot of scouting.

But it's a rewarding hunt for sure !! You feel good and tired after a day !! Good feeling, especially if you got a beast !!

But our success rate with clients is almost 100% so ... everybody can do it :)

Pierre

Cracking photos Outfitter and welcome, I have always fancied a bit of alpine action. :whistling:

Ive watched chamois, ibex and mouflon on my various walking/climbing adventures to the alps and the pyrenees. The combination of wildlife and scenery can be breathtaking if not exhausting. To date I have never hunted in Europe but maybe one day.

How about swapping a hunt? A nice Devon Roe Buck for a Chamois? :yes::good: Do you ever lose your beast when it falls? How much would a trophy mouflon cost and do you carry out a cheaper cull of females as we do with Red deer Hinds in Scotland? Thanks Moorman

Edited by moor man

Cracking photos Outfitter and welcome, I have always fancied a bit of alpine action. :whistling:

Ive watched chamois, ibex and mouflon on my various walking/climbing adventures to the alps and the pyrenees. The combination of wildlife and scenery can be breathtaking if not exhausting. To date I have never hunted in Europe but maybe one day.

How about swapping a hunt? A nice Devon Roe Buck for a Chamois? :yes::good: Do you ever lose your beast when it falls? How much would a trophy mouflon cost and do you carry out a cheaper cull of females as we do with Red deer Hinds in Scotland? Thanks Moorman

Hey moor Man, Thanks for your post.

We normally never lost a beast because we don't shoot if we know we won't be able to pick up a animal.

Regarding the price in the pyrenees or alpes, representative to trophy mouflon or chamois cost about the same money ... between 1 000 to 1 500 depending on the estates.

As we manage the population, we of course need to cull some animals. The cheaper option will be to cull on young mouflon / chamois ... cost around 500 + outing + French Licence (available online). Adul female mouflon can also be found for 500 / 600 euros.

Cheers,

Nice to see FO, do you get wild boar in your area?

Hey,

Yeah, we got some very good places for wild boars around here. I just posted an offer an the shooting opportunities (paid) section ... you can have a look at it.

I can do :

- 100% wild boars back to back days (even for small parties) all year round on private estate

- combo hunts : 2 days stalking chamois + 1 driven boar day OR 2 days stalking roe deer + 1 driven boar day

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Cheers,

Pierre

FYI guys,

Still available : last pyrenean Chamois Tag (adult male / female)

Cost :

Outing : 250 euros (better book 2 days)

Tag : 1 250 euros (fixed price - no trophy fee)

French licence : available at cost online (around 50 euros + insurance)

Loads of nice trophies in the area ... BARGAIN !!

Nearest airport = Carcassonne ... cheap flights from the UK !

Pierre