Winchester p14 help please

Albert 888

Right I have recently acquired a p14 that's been sporterized-turned into a 308 target rifle with a heavy barrel and a target stock with brindle trigger and brindle open sights. At the moment Its a one shot or two if you put one the chamber. It has the concealed mag thing in the stock,should it hold more than one bullet at a time. Would it be possible to turn it to magazine fed with an ai mag and bottom metal with a bit of butchery. I should have gone for a 10 shot but it shoots great.

Cheers Albert

Ha ha, I have loads of time and no money. I'm sure they are supposed to be 5 shot. It's not rocket science just a bit of cutting welding & bodging. If I had the right gear I reckon I could do it,but I don't, so I will have to trust and pay someone else wich I really struggle doing, don't mind paying but the trusting part is proving difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys after a bit of looking and thought I got the chisels out and reworked the internal woodwork of the internal mag,it's now holding 3 in the stock and one in the chamber,I dernt take anymore out of the stock as I only have about 5 mm thickness of stock left aft a few hours making it deeper.next I need to work on the feed as it's not the greatest.