Magnet battery connectors

mayoy2k5

Just make up a small cable with spades on one end and clips on the other .

Clips are cheap enough on ebay etc.

Or if your going to use a car battery all the time then just cut the spade connectors off your magnet and attach the clips straight to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Black-Red-Heavy-Duty-Crocodile-Car-Caravan-Van-Battery-Test-Lead-Clips-50A-/151441318700?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item23429b232c

Edited by fenboy

i thought the battery ampage was irrelevant. Its the motor that will "Draw" the amps as such. for example if you have a 7ah motor(a motor that draws 7 amps per hour) and only 5ah rated wire you will melt/burn the wire.

Did the motor/rotor spin when you connected it? If not then i would suspect a faulty motor/short in the motor.

I tried that but the clips I had was made out of metal and was 25amp , I tested them on my 12v 7ah battery and the wires set on fire , would these be safe ?

Yes. they are rated for 25amp and a 7ah battery can only give out 7amps per hour (7 amp max) so they should be more than ok.

The battery wasn't connected to a battery charger at the same time was it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. they are rated for 25amp and a 7ah battery can only give out 7amps per hour (7 amp max) so they should be more than ok.

The battery wasn't connected to a battery charger at the same time was it?

This is not strictly true. The rating on the battery of 7ah will probably be at a C10 rating meaning that the battery will deliver a constant current of 7 amperes per hour for 10 hours. If you were to connect a load of 25 amps the battery would supply the current though not for anywhere near as long.

It is also true that it is not the voltage that will melt the cable it is the current.

why on earth would you want to hump a car battery round ??? . a 12amp alarm battery runs my magnet for a full days shooting and I have a smaller one (7amp) for my flapper or to use on the magnet as a spare in case I forgot to charge the magnet battery,humping a car battery round is DAFT

just get yourself a 12amp alarm battery,its more than enough and saves you having to hump a BIG car battery around

if you still want to use a car battery then why not just drive your car into the field and cover it with a few trees and bits of straw and use the battery off that,saves you having to hump a battery around :lol::lol: :lol:

atb Evo