anyone know who this may have been

bishop

I was casting my mind back to English lads i have met on the Eden Estuary in Fife in years gone by.I remember one bloke who was up here back in the early 90's in the deep winter months.He had slept in his car for a night or two(mad sod) in extreme sub zero ice and snow conditions and drawn a blank on geese.I was out as usual every five minutes back then and came across him one afternoon.After placing him in a good spot i called a few greys over and he nailed one clean.One very chuffed fowler.He was from the north of England somewhere,maybe lancs and i often wonder if he ever returned.He had his car down by the pub that afternoon i think.Given the ice was solid from one side of the inner bay to the other i reckon he must have had more than a few drams before sleeping the second night in that car of his.
Edited by bishop

I was casting my mind back to English lads i have met on the Eden Estuary in Fife in years gone by.I remember one bloke who was up here back in the early 90's in the deep winter months.He had slept in his car for a night or two(mad sod) in extreme sub zero ice and snow conditions and drawn a blank on geese.I was out as usual every five minutes back then and came across him one afternoon.After placing him in a good spot i called a few greys over and he nailed one clean.One very chuffed fowler.He was from the north of England somewhere,maybe lancs and i often wonder if he ever returned.He had his car down by the pub that afternoon i think.Given the ice was solid from one side of the inner bay to the other i reckon he must have had more than a few drams before sleeping the second night in that car of his.

Welcome to the site mate I have just had a feeling of deja vu,

This is the dark side you know :lol: