A very wet end.....

steveyg

Had a call from Jdog asking if I fancied an afternoon out...result

He has had a few quiet weeks so it was extremely good of him to offer to share a few shots..top bloke or what :good:

We arrived at the perm and the weather turned nasty,the sky was grey and it looked very ominous....however as we stood chatting a flightline opened up and the pigeons started to arrive..in numbers...hello this looks interesting however he was still unsure as the weather did not look good. The pigeons continued to arrive and in around 15 minutes there was 300+..by this time I was jumping up and down with excitement. I have never seen this many pigeons in such a short space of time and the corvids started to make an appearance as well. We decided to give it a go and set up underneath a big tree for cover and protection from the wind.

We set up with Two magnets , 20 flocked half shell pigeons and 18 flocked decoys...

I was shooting like a right muppet,hitting quite a few however they were not dropping..Jdog as usual was doing he Digweed impression and dropping some cracking pigeons, he then decided to have ago at a big carrion, it was a long way off and was going away at some speed ...I could not believe my eyes when it dropped like a brick,we had a quiet spell so I paced it out...100 strides.. cracking shot

Jasper was in the hide with us and was chomping at the bit to retrieve a few birds,Jdog took him out and he worked really well for a pup,very clever dog and It was a pleasure to watch.

As Jdog predicted the pigeons didn't hang about however we had a great afternoon and finished with 48 picked and at least another dozen that will not see the morning.

We started to pack up and it started to rain,we were driving off the perm and the heavens opened big time..A very wet end.....

It was a cracking sight to see so many pigeons at one time..cheers Jdog :good::good: A quality few hours of sport and cracking company