the good old Hatstand

stubby

or hatsan as we should know them, I owned a hatsan around 3yrs ago, and yes like many it had it's problems, mostly non ejection of spent carts-jamming, but it was a cheap half decent gun, so fast forward to now, all I had in the gun cabinet apart from the rimfires were two yildiz, both 410's, one SXS and one U/O, I do like these little guns, great for carrying around our woods and popping the odd squirrel, I like the fact of having less lead, as it does not damage my trees as much.

but with autumn approaching I wanted a 12, for the drays and our annual squirrel walk through, I therefore put in for a variation and was given back a sec 1 shotgun,

popped into eastern sporting and picked up the only fac shotgun they had, the hatsan (new type) 7 + 1 and a case of 70mm 32g clear pigeon

well, last weekend I was at our woods as usual, loaded it up and shot off 8 rounds, **** me, it was like a bloody cannon compared to my 410's, and the ringing in my ears proved that unlike with the yildiz, I needed ear defenders, so I waited till I could get some before continuing,

order a set of electronic defenders, plus a rubber recoil pad, and as with most weekends, was back over the woods

the first part of my day was spent clearing some fallen trees,

firstkill008_zpsed76aa70.jpg

but then around 4pm, I turned my attention to the gun, the defenders and pad worked brilliantly, and the gun cycled every round no problems, even took a shot at this as it flew over

firstkill017_zpsdeb0931c.jpg

as it was the first kill, it seemed fitting that I should use him there and then

firstkill019_zps19588c91.jpg

have to say it tasted great

I dug my Hatsan out yesterday, first time for ages and had a walk round just a few hedges, with a friend and his dogs.

Four shots and managed to get a cock and hen and hit two others but, unfortunately could not find those.

All in all a good hour or so with the so called 'rubbish' gun, far from how I would describe it but it has a bit of a reputation to live down to :)

I had a hatstand luxano for a couple of years and it served its purpose. Lost a £100 when I traded it.

Had a go with the Armsan yesterday - now that is a real bargain sa

Same here mate,found this,never been fired or even had a choke put in the barrel£350, bloke took the transfers off the barrel.Quality is superb, no rattly carrier as with that new hastan that went back.

post-30855-0-62037400-1414957882_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

£350 - unbelievable price for a semi auto m/c in this day and age when you take into account Vat, everyone taking a cut, delivery and then a 3 year warranty to be honoured. Appears to be of a reasonable quality too!!

The gun had never been fired,he bought it for clays.The 1st time it had been built up was when I picked it up, the chokes hadn't even been out of the case.Shoots like a dream,everything is tight and solid I particularly like the forend grip that has a rubberized feel.

I was really surprised by the quality and couldnt restist it at that price.