Boots question

mossberg-operator

They've been resoled once and had new laces and innersoles several times, but the tops are still good and waterproof.

To me it's a bit like my car I don't bin it because the tyres have worn bald.

I have had my ALT BERGS for over 20years now had them resoled once, that cost more than i payed for the boots. They are like a comfey pair of slippers now. The uppers have had some hammer put they still polish up nice.

I have had my ALT BERGS for over 20years now had them resoled once, that cost more than i payed for the boots. They are like a comfey pair of slippers now. The uppers have had some hammer put they still polish up nice.

Think I paid £50 and that fitted new soles laces and foot beds thought that was good value and done by Altberg.

I've been issued with Haix high liability brown boots they seem so far pretty heavy duty to me not had masses of use though but a suggestion nontheless

Bought the Haix cold weather boot and they are spot on for the money, paid £70 off E Bay, I wear the Altbergs everyday for work, cracking boot but cost a packet, you wont go far wrong with the Haix

I've just ordered some Meindl Dovre extreme GTX off eBay. I was toying with the idea of getting some more wellies but thought I'd stick with meindl's as I can't fault my Burma's.

I'll just invest in a decent pair of gaiters for if we get heavy snow.

How have you only resoled your boots once in 13 years? I've had my Burma's 3 years got them resoled after 18months and there not far off needing doing again! To be fair I wear them for absolutely everything, generally if I leave the house I've got them on.

You guys will most likely not like these, but I bought a pair of Seeland PAC boots at the start of year in John Norris' January sale. Didnt realise they were so huge (like moon boots!!), as id bought them online. I stuck with them, most of my shooting is at night and on foot, once i got used to the size they are great - im a shepherd by day, and i even took to wearing these through (outdoor) lambing, and intend to do same again this coming spring. Only problem is you need another pair of boots for summer/warm weather as these will cook your feet.

I have a pair of Altberg field and fell as issue boots and they are by a mile the best boots I've ever worn, outstanding.

When i got mine they were just starting out, i only lived about ten miles from Richmond,so went to see how they made them he said you can have any colour, there was two to choose from, both brown so you could have them two tone. It was like going into an old cobblers shop. Happy days. i still love mine, we had to put the wifes to sleep last year they were beond repair.