Price per bird

Cockerman has now kindly forwarded his figures and they do stack up. 18 man syndicate sharing the work, beat and stand so no beaters to pay and with the guns doing the work so no keeper to pay.

Just showes what can be done with a good hardworking syndicate. My own costs last year were from memory around £23 and that was at 40% return.

A

Edited by Alycidon

Cockerman has now kindly forwarded his figures and they do stack up. 18 man syndicate sharing the work, beat and stand so no beaters to pay and with the guns doing the work so no keeper to pay.

Just showes what can be done with a good hardworking syndicate. My own costs last year were from memory around £23 and that was at 40% return.

A

If its a stand one beat one you only take part in half the shooting which doubles the cost?

Andy

Forget all that, I think I'm talking out my btm

Edited by Doggone

Cockerman must be getting free rent to produce birds for that money, very good value.

Ur generally around 7-7.50 a bird so by the time ur only shooting 30-40% plus rent and any other costs on top if ur anywhere near low to mid £20's ur doing pretty good

Doggone i imagine u mean u get half the shooting so ur sort of right (50 bird day ur team should shoot 25ish birds)

We have similar or better figures to cockerman but free rent and wheat does help, small syndicate putting down 300 or so on 600 acres. All the work done ourselves so the only real costs are the birds and pellets and a bit for maintaining pens. Usually shoot close to 200 a year over 4 days but may do better this year as we started off with 95 on the first day :whistling: In our case the farmer is a mate and he gets as many guest guns as he likes so it gets him a lot of shooting in return so a bit of a bargain all round

Cockerman must be getting free rent to produce birds for that money, very good value.

Ur generally around 7-7.50 a bird so by the time ur only shooting 30-40% plus rent and any other costs on top if ur anywhere near low to mid £20's ur doing pretty good

Doggone i imagine u mean u get half the shooting so ur sort of right (50 bird day ur team should shoot 25ish birds)

There is a rent figure included in his figures. Nothing for keeper, beaters, insurance, very modest amount for fuel, nothing for catering ( from memory) . Just birds, rent, feed, repairs to equip, fuel. There are no game crops so that again helps costs as these are expensive to establish and maintain.

A

A friend and i do all the keepering, feeding etc for free, for that I get all year round dog training ground, no beaters it's walk 1 stand 1, what insurance do you think I need, fuel is for pulling the gun and beating cartes around which we share with a neighbouring shoots. Guns bring there own dinner, apart from boxing day when we do a stew