ditchman-tues-2.5hrs.!!

ditchman

After my last post , i have been out several more times, and set up in exactly the same place...yesterday, i thought about shooting today...but not to take the pee, and move over to the otherside of the beet field, as i saw more of the flocks favouring that area after the recent thrashings i had given it...

The first i saw of these birds were a few days ago and 20,000 plus but they have reduced in numbers to 3-3500 /afternoon..i have posted a couple of pics on the venue and my veiwpoint. :shoot: ..the way i set up was across the managment strip to the hedge wind blowing on the back of my head and the sun behind me...i chose a spot just behind a failing oak tree that yesterday had split the birds either side which presented some great shooting and several left & rights :yahoo: one either side of the tree....once again i made a "blind" not a hide which i could freely move behind and cover 2 fields......

i dropped and picked 47 in just over 2.5 hrs, i had my old lab Duchess with me and she is still well up for it at 13...had to tether her as she in her old age has developed bad habit of "running in " now and then..... :mad:

The AYA No4 imp'cyl & 1/4 performed so very well and pulled off some cracking snap shooting...(and missed some right dooses)...with loads of curseing :lol:

Cheers you boys...........been a long wait...............it seems....maybe , that the birds are going to stick around...the big flock has (i assume) broken up into much smaller units......sort of 5-150.....and they are exploring ? the area.....our resident woodies stick out like a sore thumb....and it looks as if they are trying to "fit" in with them...

.anyway its early days yet, so i will wait and see what happens....there are only 2-3 other boys who pigeon shoot this whole area regular....even then it will go quiet when 2 of them are off on the rigs....so it is a quiet place for a flock to settle down..........im going to ease up on the shooting for a bit after i have kept an eye on the new drill...so i wont chase them off........... :hmm:

Cheers you boys...........been a long wait...............it seems....maybe , that the birds are going to stick around...the big flock has (i assume) broken up into much smaller units......sort of 5-150.....and they are exploring ? the area.....our resident woodies stick out like a sore thumb....and it looks as if they are trying to "fit" in with them...

.anyway its early days yet, so i will wait and see what happens....there are only 2-3 other boys who pigeon shoot this whole area regular....even then it will go quiet when 2 of them are off on the rigs....so it is a quiet place for a flock to settle down..........im going to ease up on the shooting for a bit after i have kept an eye on the new drill...so i wont chase them off........... :hmm:

Haven't seen a pigeon in two months what do they look like again ?