Antis

will2490

I was on facebook and someone had copied a link on to their page for a group called "hunt sabotage NI". who, as the name suggests, do their utmost to disrupt and stop organised hunts as well as approach and confront any shooters they happen to come across.All in the name of "conserving our countryside"

Just wondering if anyone has had any encounters like this?

. Maybe I'm naive, but surely if you're on land you have permission for etc etc surely the law is then on your side? Could you even say it was harassment?

I was coming off the foreshore on friday and the local hunt club had been targeted by "Hunt Saboteurs Ireland", an apparently peaceful protest in which theyentered club grounds and took photos of members whilst wearing scarves and balaclavas on their faces. Drove straight through them in camo rather chuffed with my 5 wigeon.

I was on facebook and someone had copied a link on to their page for a group called "hunt sabotage NI". who, as the name suggests, do their utmost to disrupt and stop organised hunts as well as approach and confront any shooters they happen to come across.All in the name of "conserving our countryside"
Just wondering if anyone has had any encounters like this?

. Maybe I'm naive, but surely if you're on land you have permission for etc etc surely the law is then on your side? Could you even say it was harassment?

Edited by angrymallard

Over the last few months parts of Gloucestershire has been overwhelmed with anti badger cull protestors, according to local farmers involved in the cull, a legal activity, activists and extreme sabs have run riot, sitting on sets and committing aggravated trespass. The police have done little to convict these criminals, this in turn has given activists a new confidence in disrupting legal activities on private ground eg pheasant shoots, duck flights, lamping fox's n rabbits. Now the badger cull is over they have turned their focus to the wild boar cull and are chasing civil servants around the county, they have no regard to the law and have committed criminal damage and assault on top of aggravated trespass. Why don't the police do anything, well local knowledge and police numbers will be one factor but I think they are reluctant to get involved in all the paper work involved to which they see as a petty crime also, in regard to the badger cull marksmen are unwilling to have their details brought up in court for further intimidation to their families. This is becoming a big problem with shooting sports in Gloucestershire and will no doupt spread out. Something needs to be done to stop these criminals, peaceful protest is one thing but down right yob behaviour has meant to be address by this government yet is left to run out of control. Many of the extreme sabs are not local at all, Liverpool, Southhampton etc and with social media are propped up as hero's and are well funded, the bunny huggers with a few quid really believe the sabs are ' protesting within the law'.