'Closed' certificate

It seems the police clear land up to the calibre requested. To me this seems madness - clearing land up to .222 and then having to look again if you change for a 22-250!

You need permission to shoot land upon renewal, but that doesn't have to be given in writing.

If a person has the above certificate, and can only use a particular caliber rifle on 'land that has been approved' etc, could he use that caliber on other land, in company with someone who has an 'open' certificate?

I have open ticket on all my rifles, my bro in law doesn't/ didn't have ( he does now) he wanted to come with me on my perm with his 17 hmr, ( my land is cleared up to 30 cal) . I phoned my / his FLO , who told us to crack on. Whether or not this was because the land is cleared for 30 cal, or because I have open ticket, I don't know,

Good question ,

Ring flo to confirm

It seems the police clear land up to the calibre requested. To me this seems madness - clearing land up to .222 and then having to look again if you change for a 22-250!

You need permission to shoot land upon renewal, but that doesn't have to be given in writing.

think they clear to a certain calibre ie .22 cf or .243 etc i could be wrong but are .222 and 22-250 both .22c/f rifles .224 bullets

colin

They use the fact that the .17hmr is a smaller calibre as when land is cleared it is usually cleared upto a certian calibre.

Indeed, but I would have thought the point of 'clearing land' is due to safety concerns with regards to the ballistics of the caliber used. If the HMR has higher energy and range than a .22lr then the exercise seems moot.

Indeed, but I would have thought the point of 'clearing land' is due to safety concerns with regards to the ballistics of the caliber used. If the HMR has higher energy and range than a .22lr then the exercise seems moot.

True enough but thats the way they work. .204 ruger has higher energy etc than the larger calibre .22 hornet but if they would only allow upto .20 calbre you wouldn't be allowed to use the .22 hornet. As Stumpy69 has already said, is there a safe shot for one calibre and not another? I pesonally wouldn't take a shot with a rimfire that I deemed too unsafe for a larger calibre.

I got land passed for my 243 and i tried to get a 308 but they wouldnt give me the 308 saying the land was only passed for a 243 i said a 243 wont go through a back stop and a 308 would he said he dont make the rules its nonsence you got some people making up rules for shooters who dont have a clue about shooting not all but some

I think some people are missreading the title you can use your rifle on any land that has been passed for your calliber your mate who has got an open ticket he deems the land to be safe to shoot his rifle on he dosent need land to have been passed by the police but he cant deem the land safe for you to shoot on

This makes much more sense and think it answer the question......it does for me anyway as I w :good::good: as getting lost...Well explained Rim Fire