Finally ordered Wolverine B in FAC

deputy dog

Well at last lads i can finally report that after about a year in the waiting, i've finally ordered my Daystate Wolverine B in FAC doing 30fpe.

I was iffing an arring whether to just get another Regal doing the same power, but in the end the lure pf the Wolverine was just to

great for me to resist.

Hopefully it wont be to long coming back, so i can get out in the field an see what this beast can actually do. A good percentage

of the reviews i've read up on the Wolverine have been very good, with just a few negatives, but as i found out its like that with virtually

every gun out there. Price was the main negative point with the rifle, but i suppose its like buying a car. If you want a good one you have to pay the price

or miss out.

Let you all know when she's back an whats she's like out in the field.

DD

great choice DD, I tried a wolverine b running at 30ftlb .22 and with the 15.89g jsb,s it was unreal out to 60 yrds and I really do mean unreal,

30ftlb is perfect for the wolverine b, when I spoke to Mr Belas at daystate he said the perfect ftlb for the rifle in fac is 30ftlb unless you stepped up to the 100ftlb wolverine, he also told me that the huntsman runs super smooth at 18ftlb,

I,ve had my sub 12ftlb wolverine a couple of months now and other than the magazine bolt being a quarter turn too tight the rifle has not missed a beat , in my opinion Daystate have got it right with the wolv b , looks well and performs as good as it looks,,mind you so did my BSA r10 mk2 lol

enjoy mate and look forward to hearing how you get on with it,,but don't go to the heavier pellets use the 15.89g diablo,s and the trajectory is as flat as my wallet :lol::lol:

atb Evo

Cheers Evo bud

As I said I've researched this rifle from its launch and I put it in my must have list from the word go

It's been an up an down struggle saving the money for it, but as per norm when I had enough money saved in the past, I always had to pay something out and usually a big chunk of it.

But finally today I went for it and can't wait for it to come through now. Ain't seen a lot about pellet performance for the Wolverine B in FAC but the one I did read said a pellet weight of about 16 to 18 grain odd seems to work well, for trajectory and accuracy.

Obviously I'll try a few just to find the right one and a back up just in case I can get hold of the preferred pellet.

I wanted 30 ft lbs as to keep the shot count as high as possible though I understand it's between 65 and 70 shots per fill on 500cc bottle from a couple of airgun buffs reviews on it.

Just got to find a nice scope to fit on it now. Looking at an Hawke or maybe a MTC with a 50 mag about 12 to 14 times zoom for the longer shots. Lucky I won't have to pay out for that as my better half is getting it for an early Christmas prezzie for lol.

Soon as I've put a tin or too through her and blooded her I'll put a little write up on here for you to read.

Hopefully it will be as good as I've read an you said or it's going to be an expensive boo boo lol. But if it's like my Regal it should be a great gun.

ATB

Gareth

Ps

About the wallet part, mines flatter then a witches tit lolol

Edited by deputy dog

The Wolverine FAC has been on my radar for a while but I can't help thinking for that kind of money it needs to have a lever loading system instead of a bolt. I had a HW100 for a while and still own an S510 FAC and just can't bring myself to go back to a bolt. What do others think ?

Thats going to be a fantastic bit of kit.

I can only really repeat what the others have said.

Pull the barrel threw before pellet testing and after each brand, and allow say 10-20 shots to "lead up" before group testing.

The top 5/6 pellets I would try would be: 16gn AA field, 16gn JSB exacts, 18gn AA heavy`s, 18 JSB exacts and 21grn Bisley Magunums / H&N Barrcuda Match.

There is a difference between AA and JSB in the same weights and it can make quite a difference. If you want I have JSB 16gn and 18gn, if you want some to try just PM me your address and I will stick you some in the post.

My FAC 30ftlb Huntsman Classic runs very nicely on 16gn JSB. I zero at 40yards.

I would also vote for Hawke scopes over MTC, and the scope I woud have if I had the money would be the new Hawke Airmax with the new reticule that is like a cross between the MTC SCB and half mil dot.

The FAC Air gun is seen as a neache tool but I find its my go to rifle 90% of the time for a walk around or bunny bashing, the only time I use anything else is for decoying pigeons, taking fox or shooting ferals in a barn. It really is great and pellets are nice and cheap but really do put quarry down hard.

Please keep us updated with some photos and how you get on, am a massive Daystate fan and also lover of FAC Air rifles and I know am not alone on here !

ATB

Matt

Cheers Matt

I can't wait to get my hands on it, but I've been told it's a 3 week waiting list before I get it shipped through bud.

Thanks for the heads up on those pellet makes, my local RFD ain't got a bad choice and what he ain't got I can pick up

from Sportsman GC in Newport. I got to get more .243 and .22lr bullets anyway, so may as well get some tins while I'm there.

Quite excited now as I've been waiting about a year to get enough money to get one. With out repeating myself, I was going to get a Regal XL as I got a sub 12 version and it's fantastic, but the Wolverines new technology, shot count and looks won it over for me as it does look a marvellous fair play. Not to bothered about the weight on it as I'm 6ft 5" and 23 stone so got the beef to carry it around a bit, though I dare say it would take a little getting used to after carrying my light weight Regal lol.

Always wanted an FAC Airgun even after getting a Sako Finnfire .22lr the lure was still to much so I had to give in lol.

Just hoping now it's going to be as good You and most others have said.

Defo keep you informed as to how we are doing and thanks Matt for the offer of the pellets if I should need them, much appreciated mate.

ATB

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

totally agree with Matt,,i,m certainly enjoying mine and after a couple of months has been totally faultless,and has accounted for a few,,

DSC_0196-Copy_zps218ddc7f.jpg

houseandrogershooting017_zps3b6924b7.jpg

bluetitandwolverinemagpie005_zpsf33f3293

and with his big brother

wolverineandairwolf002_zpsf78b9d1b.jpg

and arriving home and unboxing the beast lol

daystatewolverine177008_zpsd9a0c8ce.jpg

best rifle performance I have had I,ve zero,d it in to 35yrds and have to say its super accurate as is the Airwolf and my huntsman but my favourite is definitely the wolverine b

atb Evo

ps how funny is the grey without a tail,,saw it a couple of times but it was very evasive until the wolv caught up with him lol

Edited by evo

Some very nice bits of kit there Evo mate.

As my personal preference though, I would like my stock to be just a little darker, like shade or two darker.

But still very nice looking though bud.

Just another 3 weeks now though to sit an wait for that phone call to say my beast has arrived.

Glad my sick period off work ends next week as being in work will keep my mind off thinking about it for 8 hrs a day lolol

ATB

Gareth

Good luck with the wolverine Gareth, a great choice, i use fac daystates the .303 wolverine at 100fpe

and a airranger .22 at 37fpe fac air is a very useful tool where rimfires .22lr & .17hmr are not applicable

so i use fac air where its not sensible to use my rimfires,.i must admit i use my fac air more than my rimfires

because i am a real airgun lover both fac air and sub 12fpe, Enjoy your gun and once it arrives

please lets us all know your thoughts on it.

atb Brian

Some very nice bits of kit there Evo mate.

As my personal preference though, I would like my stock to be just a little darker, like shade or two darker.

But still very nice looking though bud.

Just another 3 weeks now though to sit an wait for that phone call to say my beast has arrived.

Glad my sick period off work ends next week as being in work will keep my mind off thinking about it for 8 hrs a day lolol

ATB

Gareth

I agree gareth, the wolverine is a bit light in colour but I have just started giving it a couple of coats of boiled linseed oil, I did this with my huntsman classic and it has darkened it to a really deep colour compared to the wolverine,it took a few coats but has turned out a lovely rich colour, I just hope the wolverine b ends up the same colour

huntsmanandwolverine313_zps2aa36a57.jpg

atb Evo

Very nice mate fair play.

You said boiled linseed oil, now with out sounding dull lol. Do you wait until it's cold or just Luke warm before you apply it on the wood. What's the best way to apply it as well, do you just use an old rage an gently rub it in or is there a certain process you go through to achieve the best results.

Gareth

Gareth,

Is your Wolverine with the new CF bottles ?, they arent as a ttractive but a good weight saving feature.

Boiled linseed oil, you buy it pre boiled, so it comes in ambient temp to the atmospher your in. Just put a drip in the palm of you hand the size of a 5p and rub it into your stock, the fiction of the rubbing and warmth of your hand will get it warm and soaking in !

ATB

Matt

No Matt it's not the new CF bottle, as they didn't appeal to me one bit. Yes I did think the same about the weight, but I just new i wouldn't look at It the same way as I do with the standard BB. But as I've said before I'm a big chap so got the beef to lug it about, albeit take a little getting used to after my carrying my light Regal about lol.

I'll have a few months with it and see how she is and if there is no problems with said rifle, then I'll take the time to give her an oiling.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

• 4 weeks later...

Oh well it's nearly a month now since I ordered my Wolverine B in FAC and still no gun to speak of.

I phoned a The Airgun Centre and all they said is, when they hear from Daystate then I will hear from them. No explanation of what's holding them up at Daystate etc. I just hope the time Daystate are taking to make my rifle, shows in the end product when it's eventually shipped to me. Which should be a gun without any faults or glitches at all and superbly accurate when shot.

Getting a little impatient

DD

Oh well it's nearly a month now since I ordered my Wolverine B in FAC and still no gun to speak of.

I phoned a The Airgun Centre and all they said is, when they hear from Daystate then I will hear from them. No explanation of what's holding them up at Daystate etc. I just hope the time Daystate are taking to make my rifle, shows in the end product when it's eventually shipped to me. Which should be a gun without any faults or glitches at all and superbly accurate when shot.

Getting a little impatient

DD

Gareth, ring Daystate and tell them you have ordered your wolverine and you would like to know its progress,I ordered mine through Field and Falcon in Holt nr Wrexham, after 2 weeks I rang Tony Belas who asked me to hold the line, 1 minute later he returned and said it was in the last stages and would be delivered by the end of the week once tested,

he was true to his word as my rifle arrived at the rfd and I went and picked it up,

my advice is ring them(Daystate) and tell them where you ordered it and how long will it be,they will tell you over the phone mate,

hope this helps bud but chase it up with Daystate and not the Airgun Centre

atb Evo

Gareth, ring Daystate and tell them you have ordered your wolverine and you would like to know its progress,I ordered mine through Field and Falcon in Holt nr Wrexham, after 2 weeks I rang Tony Belas who asked me to hold the line, 1 minute later he returned and said it was in the last stages and would be delivered by the end of the week once tested,

he was true to his word as my rifle arrived at the rfd and I went and picked it up,

my advice is ring them(Daystate) and tell them where you ordered it and how long will it be,they will tell you over the phone mate,

hope this helps bud but chase it up with Daystate and not the Airgun Centre

atb Evo

Hi EVO mate

I've rung Daystate as you said and unfortunately although helpful in a way. They couldn't determine whether the Wolverine B in FAC they had on their order file was for me as there wasn't any correspondence to whom it was for.

Though she did say if it was for me then it shouldn't be to long being sent out.

Fingers crossed it was mine 👍👍👍👍👍

DD

sounds like it will be yours DD, certainly hope it is,

on another not mate have you ordered it with the mk6 carbon silencer ? I just bought one for mine and have to say the only thing I hear is the action when I shoot, from 20yrds away I cant hear the gun at all just the pellet zipping past,quite impressed really,

it also only made the barrel 3 inches longer as most of it goes over the shroud, certainly performs as well as it looks

I have honestly been so impressed with the wolverine b in sub 12ftlb, the accuracy is excellent so much so at 40yrds I can put 20 pellets inside a 1pence circle with jsb exacts and H&N field target trophy,s, its not as pellet fussy as my airwolf that's for sure the FAC version will only be better,

certainly going for another one in .22 , hope it arrives soon mate

atb Evo

sounds like it will be yours DD, certainly hope it is,

on another not mate have you ordered it with the mk6 carbon silencer ? I just bought one for mine and have to say the only thing I hear is the action when I shoot, from 20yrds away I cant hear the gun at all just the pellet zipping past,quite impressed really,

it also only made the barrel 3 inches longer as most of it goes over the shroud, certainly performs as well as it looks

I have honestly been so impressed with the wolverine b in sub 12ftlb, the accuracy is excellent so much so at 40yrds I can put 20 pellets inside a 1pence circle with jsb exacts and H&N field target trophy,s, its not as pellet fussy as my airwolf that's for sure the FAC version will only be better,

certainly going for another one in .22 , hope it arrives soon mate

atb Evo

When I ordered my Regal it came with the MK6 mod as standard, so I'm hoping it's going to have a MK6 mod as standard this time around. Certainly hoping it's my gun on the form bud as I honestly can't wait to get hold of her and see what she can do. My Regal has exceptional accuracy with the same pellets you are using along with Biz Mags. So I'll defo be buying a tin or two to try out through the Wolverine. If like my Regal it's won't be pellet fussy as it does very well with most reputable pellets, thought the ones mentioned were preferred choice to stick with.

Hope I haven't got to much longer to wait though bud. 👍👍👍👍

DD

Edited by deputy dog