Our little rough shoot

Wildfowler12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That first bird was a belter, and a 100% kill ratio for you to! The Crown will never believe that :lol:

just lucky

Did he tell you his cartridge consumption on the partridge day/verse shots fired

Although I must admit he wasted a few trying to knock a pigeon which kept circling around at about 25 may be 30 yards

Looks like a nice 'honest bag' shoot

Edited by Paul223

just lucky

Did he tell you his cartridge consumption on the partridge day/verse shots fired

Although I must admit he wasted a few trying to knock a pigeon which kept circling around at about 25 may be 30 yards

Looks like a nice 'honest bag' shoot

The cartridge count on the "crown" today was worse than the partridge (in terms of ratio). Only 8 of them were mine :P

As for this little rough shoot, it is a great days sport with a lot of walking. The members are friendly and I enjoyed talking to Bill about the area of the shoot and his experience up there for the last god knows how many years. We all enjoyed a bit of light hearted banter and the day went well :good:

Edited by shoot and be safe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iFerret2

Evening all, I put an add out at the end of last season looking for some new recruits on our little rough shoot. The response was overwhelming, and after taking the first 3 guys out to scope our land, they took the plunge and decided to join us.

Fast forward a few months, past the hard work with the poults, and we're finally reaping some of the benefits. Although it's clear there is still some improvements to make!!

Here's a few shots from the first 2 days. Until Janraury, there's a bag limit of a brace a head. So I think we're doing ok so far.

'victorismyhero' and the first bag...

66D4D9A6-E356-4CB4-BB51-0C94845DEA1D.jpg

'shoot and be safe' and today's birds...

FACBB592-5A98-4D80-8645-20004703D1F5.jpg

Me and the mut, waiting for the nod to push some more rushes through...

670D6750-D5F1-4C64-A68C-BCD693FA206D.jpg

The wife was off work today, so she joined in the fun too!

79DBB235-F685-4A40-A69D-B8364E8E5873.jpg

Us and the bag...

8D38D20C-BD04-435C-AE78-A2BB1A5E781F.jpg

Cracking photos

Is the chap in the first picture Seasick Steve or possibly his brother ?

Edited by iFerret2

Guest rimotu66

Looks like a good little shoot. We have a small rough shoot also. There are six of us in it and the bags aren't great but the craic is. Great fun.

And that's what its all about :good: I would not want to be on a shoot where the bag was the most important thing, its all about the day for me over the amount of birds shot.

We only did the boundaries at T-R today, as we we're seeking snipe in the bog behind the pond. Needless to say they were up and away before we got near them! Plenty of them mind!

I bagged the first woodcock of the season, and we got a few pheasants too. I'll post pics in the morning :good:

Edited by Wildfowler12

Only a few pics as the wife (cameraman) did not attend.

Pushing through some gorse which presented a hen pheasant at exactly the time I decided to take a leak!

EC788A07-C29D-4783-838D-4F632F10386B.jpg

Nothing showing at the pond today...

FCC37CFE-151D-4FB3-B0DD-C972375DC317.jpg

Bill pulled off a worldie in the turnip field, after Peter and Andrew had given it a 4 shot salute, we just watched in awe! Easily 50yards.

BC7ABBB5-E558-4AA8-AFD3-F0135A2533CB.jpg

And finally a picture of my birds...

697BD0B2-2C7E-4A43-AAE0-BA3F65955D09.jpg

Bag to date - 18 pheasant, 1 woodcock :good:

Edited by Wildfowler12