Bradford West Yorkshire

Hi guys I have just bought my first shotgun for 280 pounds it's a rizzini 12 g over and under with 28 barrel. I live in Bradford and go to clay shooting in Bingley. I am looking for a shooting buddy whose got a permission to shoot from Bradford to take me and show me around. Please feel free to contact me on 07463914147

Mumtaz

Gaining permission, is difficult, it normally involves lots of door knocking and trying to speak to grumpy farmers,

Who are understandably cheesed off with yet another total stranger asking to fire lumps of lead at high speed around their land.

Generally before they even consider it they need to know you a little bit.

Hence my earlier post about going beating/getting involved with a game shoot.

They get to know you, hopefully realise your not a muppet and will allow you from February on to have a crack at pigeons or rabbits.

It's the same for the good people on here, someone kindly takes you out to show you the ropes.

What's stopping you shooting something you shouldn't ? Or going back and approaching the land owner or just going back without permission?

Any of these things could and have lost people permission.

You need to get out and meet people, at clay shoots or a game shoot.

I don't mean to sound negative but people have normally worked hard to gain and then keep permission.

What about guided pigeon shooting? Plenty of that available

No need to shoot the lad down when he's just asking for help, sometimes it can be a hard hobby to get into and with little experience he would be better to have a buddy than getting his own permission first. Thank god when I first posted here asking the same question 10 years ago I was helped and taken out by three different members who still remain friends today, now having a few 1000 acres to go aT and lots of experience which would not of been possible without the help of pw.

Although some responses have been straight to the point, they are salient.

Get out and about, door knocking, but be prepared for knock backs. I have it all the time, most farmers have shooters, that's the truth of it.

Go beating, you have a good chance, once you've made some chums you may get asked to go out with another shooter.

I know many shoots offer some roost shooting now and again to reliable sensible beaters.

Good luck

I know what you said to be honest with you I have been driving around Bradford and the outskirts such as Bingley ilkley Silsden etc I see a lot of farms but they seemed mainly cattle farm. And secondly I have no idea how to approach these land owners as they don't have any boards outside with any details.

I understand getting permission to shoot on a land is a daunting task. I go to clay pigeon shooting club in Bingley however most of the guys who shoot with me don't go query shooting. I work in care sector and do come across with family members of our clients and at times I ask them as well but so far nothing has come out.

Personally I think it's Alot better to have a shooting buddy which shows you around someone who shares the same passion lol

• 3 months later...

Join NPPC mate its £150 quid for the year with access to quite a bit of land for pigeon shooting. If you join up you can come out with me for some days shooting. I'll travel closer to you too if it makes it easier. There is land up around Skipton and Ripon for shooting.

Edited by Yorkshireandy