snotty bitch tells me I'm racist

thegazbo

So I am coming out of Asda with my mother after doing a bit of shopping and I start getting harassed by a tin rattler,

I says no thanks and she comes back again so I tells her to go away.

She gets defensive saying about starving kids in Africa and that is like a rag to a bull to me, I says and what about the starving lids in this country sort this nations problems first. and she says you are a racist.

I replied and you are why this country is in the situation we are in now, so if you are so concerned about them why don't you move there and give us lot a bit of price you obnoxious cow.

My mum said that I need to learn some patience with these people,

I think that I'm turning into Victor Meldrew

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You succumbed and bit, the blood boils and they’ve ‘Got-Ya’, won’t give equals ‘Racist Pig’.

I always say “No Thank You” and I keep moving, if they come back again I say, “’No Thank You Very Much now F/O please”, as is my prerogative! :)

Oh and I forgot, always complain to the store manager as I am sure that they will take a very dim view of their customers being hassled in this way, very bad for business! :good:

Edited by STOTTO

You need to remind them that they are forbidden to rattle their tins or actually ask for a donation as it is then classed as begging. Then you need to go into the store and demand to see the manager as you felt intimidated (lay it on thick).

Various cat groups have a bad habit of doing it outside my local Co-op...until i remind them.

Simply tell her to **** off and mind her own business. The useless old bint is probably just upset that she is tin rattling in asda and won't ever amount to anything.

A lot of people that do tin rattling at places like ASDA etc are retired folk who are trying to do something meaningful and useful in their retirement. Some of them are X professionals and have probably achieved more in their life than some of us will ever do.

When I see pictures of massive modern luxury cities in countries whose governments are housed in absolute luxury and they come to me and ask me to cough up a couple of quid a month to subsidise their poverty then I politely tell them that there is more than enough money there already, if only they would share what they have, so don't come begging to me.

A lot of people that do tin rattling at places like ASDA etc are retired folk who are trying to do something meaningful and useful in their retirement. Some of them are X professionals and have probably achieved more in their life than some of us will ever do.

And thats told you lot. :lol:

Every body has the right to support their charity but this does not give them the right to shove a tin in your face. idiots that do this deserve all they get and they probably will

Completly agree accept for the bit about idiots. If I don't support a charity that somebody is collecting for with a tin I just walk on by, if they rattle the tin under my nose I still just walk on by and within a millisecond I have dismissed it from my mind.

I'm not a collector but I've huge respect for this post.

Guest cookoff013

One thing bugs me about this.

I had a supermarket checkout grill throw my change in a bucket instantly.

I scooped the right amount out them said "go away"

I had a guy knock on my door, asking for donations and such. I go to give him monkey. But he is not interested. He doesn't want to handle monkey but to sign me up DD to £10 a month. They don't do the little donations any more. Just go for the bigger subscriptions. Its not worth there time !