Aniseed bird puller

Evening all, my shoot captain has brought me a bucket of the powder stuff to use, he fed round the other week and put it in the feeders super strong.

Over the next week the birds hardly touched the feed. My question is, can you put it on too strong for themto want to eat it, and if so do you think over time it will lose its strength?

Aniseed Game Bird Attractant is extensively used in the industry and offers:

A persistent, strong, aniseed aroma

Keeps own birds in the feeding area as well as attracting wild birds.

When feed consumption of treated wheat (from hoppers) is compared to untreated wheat you will be amazed at the improvement just from adding Aniseed Game Bird Attractant.

A very cost effective solution to the age old problem of keeping your birds where you want them.

Usage Rate

1 litre will treat 100kg of wheat

Available in 5 litre or 25 litre containers.

come on Kennet you should know what to do !! you only need an egg cup full in the top of a nearly full feeder and give it a rattle, you can make it to strong empty the feeded and mix the wheat from it in with your other wheat, little and often that's, why I use to hide the aniseed away from you know who.

and never let the shoot captain do any feeding up.

Having conducted palateability and fcr studies for game feed/poultry companies the truth is that the only thing the aniseed smell attracts is keepers the way star anise really works is that it is a natural appetite enhancer it has been used as such for hundreds of years in Asian medicine the birds Upon ingesting anise are simply given the impression they are hungry thus drawing/holding them to the feeders the smell is pretty much irrelevant and since birds/poultry have a poor sense of smell it would be foolish to believe that smell alone could pull/hold birds

Having conducted palateability and fcr studies for game feed/poultry companies the truth is that the only thing the aniseed smell attracts is keepers the way star anise really works is that it is a natural appetite enhancer it has been used as such for hundreds of years in Asian medicine the birds Upon ingesting anise are simply given the impression they are hungry thus drawing/holding them to the feeders the smell is pretty much irrelevant and since birds/poultry have a poor sense of smell it would be foolish to believe that smell alone could pull/hold birds

This is very interesting, and I must say I would have to agree with what you have stated. I know someone that hung a rag with aniseed oil on in a drive with the belief it would fill the drive with birds, reality was it did nothing, I use it on my hand feed only I never put it in my hoppers. I'm still abit unsure if it actually does do anything at all. I'm still to be convinced to the magical powers of aniseed or any other Witch craft type product.

Not conducted clinical trials but ive missed feeders to prove to myself it does something and unless its coincidence

seems to work and for the small cost ill continue using

certainly deer like it

That's the reason I won't put it in hoppers, deer knock em over all the time if got aniseed in.

I tend to agree with this train of thought. I always believed birds had no sense of smell at all, but we tried adding aniseed to our feeders on the advice of a local keeper. Whether it attracted birds or not is debatable but it certainly attracted Roe, one of which emptied a feeder over a few days. When we shot it all the fur had been rubbed off one side of its neck by the bottom wire of the fence we had erected around the feeder. We don't use it anymore.