9mm garden gun!?

chris31

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hi love the thing personaly i sold one of those revolving adlers a couple of years ago regret it now , it wasnt you richardh was it that bought it from me im up in berwick upon tweed, ive still got at o/u lovely colour case hardend,ive been looking at these chiappa litle squirels on another site there about 150 to 200 pounds new to buy been stripped of wooden stock and fitted with a metal skeleton stock , does any one have any experiance with one of them before i buy one , fancy a s/s 9mm rimfire aswell might have to treat myself for xmas. if any one knows of a revolving adler for sale or if you want to sell yours richardh please get in touch, dont forget the .22 smoothbore there a handy tool aswell got a couple aswell in my collection ta johny

There's also one made by Bernadelli in Italy (most garden guns are made in Italy, France or nowadays Turkey) They used them a lot for hunting small birds in season (don't know if that's still legal ?)

Also a 5 shot semi auto

bernardelli%20fusil%20illustration-03.jp

I have these in stock; but they are on section 1.

webber

I cut my shotgun teeth on one over 50 years ago. I spent 18 months stalking rabbits with one, some were at very short range but in took that long to kill the first one. They are great for rats in a small building like a corn drier where ranges are limited to maybe 5 yards or 10 at max. I also used to kill House Sparrows with it but thats about it. Ammo is very very expensive.

In short forget it, buy a 3 inch chambered .410 if you must scratch that small bore itch.

A

Many years ago my mates dad had one on his allotment. He used to take out the shot and put a steel ball bearing in . It was used to shoot rabbits and coypu that got onto the allotment. It would shoot straight through a 3 inch fense pool .

Harnser

Edited by Harnser

they are the "plinking " equivalent in the shot gun world, we use a powerful .22 or .177 to shoot whatever, the old bb gun does the same thing realy, ..one does it seriously the other is serious fun, but the end of the day both are guns...12gauge or 9mm shotgun ...hi power air ,low power air guns, all for the keen collector over a spectrum of calibres and uses.. ;)

Johnny GG,

If you want a " proper " (but expensive :sad1: ) o/u or sbs shotgun in 9mm or 6 mm RF, 8mm CF or .410, have a look at this Falco site:

Under " prodotti " you'll find doppietta aka s/s or sovrapposto aka o/u " lusso" means Luxe :yahoo:

http://falcoarms.com/

Link didn't seem to work, should be ok now :good:

Edited by ratbuster

Hello chris.I use a webley bolt action 9mm a lot and its a brilliant little gun on mice,rats,squirrels and very close pigeons.i use it at a maximum range of 10mtrs.it only cost 60quid!use eye protection though because ricochet's can happen if you use them in hard areas.

Edited by deadeye18

9mm or number 3 bore(I think) was my first gun, scrounged from an uncle who had it pre- WW2. Acme now there is a gunmakers of repute, Acme had a short illegal barrel length and came with a heavy rifle type barrel and fixed rear V sight. It certainly killed rabbits if close enough, sparrows raiding sprouting peas and varied other small birds regarded then as vermin. Eley cartridges had a paper case and copper head but only the head was ejected the paper case being intended to discharge through the barrel. Never to be used in a straw barn. Anyway came the day circa 1959 when another uncle decided to have a shoot day on his farm, I was invited complete with garden gun. First drive was a turnip field walking in line with one older member of the party as standing Gun. Half way across a few yards in front of me sat a large hare in its form, I closed the bolt and raised the gun to take it sitting when the animal bolted. Somehow I followed through pulled the trigger and to every ones amazement including mine the hare rolled over stone dead 15 yards away. Later that day when beating through head high willow herb I shot a hen pheasant which must have been five yards above my head, talk about a high bird! So ended my first shooting day, on later shoots one of the guests loaned me first a bolt action .410 then later a 12 bore before I went on to own proper guns. The Acme is long since demolished into fragments and binned and although 9mm is not a toy as seen above, I would never dream of pointing such a weapon at a hare or pheasant today.

9mm or number 3 bore(I think) was my first gun, scrounged from an uncle who had it pre- WW2. Acme now there is a gunmakers of repute, Acme had a short illegal barrel length and came with a heavy rifle type barrel and fixed rear V sight. It certainly killed rabbits if close enough, sparrows raiding sprouting peas and varied other small birds regarded then as vermin. Eley cartridges had a paper case and copper head but only the head was ejected the paper case being intended to discharge through the barrel. Never to be used in a straw barn. Anyway came the day circa 1959 when another uncle decided to have a shoot day on his farm, I was invited complete with garden gun. First drive was a turnip field walking in line with one older member of the party as standing Gun. Half way across a few yards in front of me sat a large hare in its form, I closed the bolt and raised the gun to take it sitting when the animal bolted. Somehow I followed through pulled the trigger and to every ones amazement including mine the hare rolled over stone dead 15 yards away. Later that day when beating through head high willow herb I shot a hen pheasant which must have been five yards above my head, talk about a high bird! So ended my first shooting day, on later shoots one of the guests loaned me first a bolt action .410 then later a 12 bore before I went on to own proper guns. The Acme is long since demolished into fragments and binned and although 9mm is not a toy as seen above, I would never dream of pointing such a weapon at a hare or pheasant today.

Interesting little story there BP, :good:

Falco shotguns are imported in England, the ones I've seen were .410 caliber (including shot pistols aka model colt) so the barrels are indeed longer than the minimal length of 24 inches according UK law. The 6 & 8 mm are centrefire plastic cased home loaded cartridges (these are coming with their one charging components eg decapper, filling cap etc) There's a version which uses 6mm blanks as primer, others use regular cf primers. There's also a Turkey's made version of these cartridges around in 6 & 9 mm for use in shotguns.

The Falco site used to be available in proper English too, but nowadays it's only in Italian. :/

rs837042.jpg

9mm Turkish

rs876537.jpg

6mm Turkish

Prices for 9mm Flobert are something around the 12-15 pound Sterling mark in the uk, but up to € 25 a box of 50 in Europe (RWS made, Fiocchi around € 20) :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Hi thanks never seen those 6 and 8 mm carts there unusual are they available in uk on sgc.?. Ive seen the s/s falcos on the net .wonder id any one does a true .22 smooth bore s/s for the shot shells if there's any adler revolving garden guns out there for sale id be in the market for another there the only revolving shotgun your slowed in uk sec 1 ofcourse they were marketed as a jager ap90 i sold mine aswell as my .410 sec 1 Serena handy gun to fund house refurbishment

Holts had one in auction in October JGG, You should have picked that one up ! :no:

http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/searchresults.asp?pg=1&ps=25&st=D&sale_no=S1014&subs_value=37&index=view

The Falco's can be ordered in any combination you want, but I think it will be more of a novelty, than something practical :whistling::good:

Serena's do pop up sometimes on Italian " Ebay " sites

http://www.iltiro.com/mercatino/mercatino_armi_usate.php?annunci_armi_usate=scheda_utente&idu=15809&c1=1&c2=1&ida=42383

Cheers,

RB

Edited by ratbuster