distance

pigeonslayer15

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on what kind of shot presents itself on the day most birds are witihin 25 to 40 yards decoying with the odd long second barrel but flighting they are 35 to 50 yards horses for courses I suppose I will take on long range shots all day long and be confident of bringing them down

Edited by yickdaz

depends on what kind of shot presents itself on the day most birds are witihin 25 to 40 yards decoying with the odd long second barrel but flighting they are 35 to 50 yards horses for courses I suppose I will take on long range shots all day long and be confident of bringing them down

+1

Hi all

I was just wondering what are peoples comfort zones of shooting pigeons?,

Im a quite confident shot so ill take pigeons 50 to 60 yards with no hesitation and take clean kills most times

Whats your views?

May I ask what chokes you have in your gun to take shots at 25 and 60 yards?

Hi all

I was just wondering what are peoples comfort zones of shooting pigeons?,

Im a quite confident shot so ill take pigeons 50 to 60 yards with no hesitation and take clean kills most times

Whats your views?

My view is that you should consider pellet density at that range, unless you are G Digweed and use extra full, it ain't likely to make regular clean kills at that range, there are not enough pellets. As someone else said.by a tape measure..

Ever the sceptic I was fairly disinterested in your posts after reading that you had shot nearly 4000 pigeons in the last three months I now read that you can consistently kill sixty yard birds. As victor meldrew would say 'i don't believe it'.

Glad he don't come from Norfolk Mr JDog :yes: , another little saying is " seeing is believing "

I am not very bright " birdsallpl " but I think you will find 60yds is nearer to 54 meters.

35 meters is around 115ft ...... and 60yds is 180ft ....Quite a difference :good:

I think he is referring to his preferred shooting distance .

I could well be wrong though.

I dont know why people get hung up about how taking long shots means your a better pigeon shot .... imho if your always taking your birds at 45-60 yards . Then personally you need to take a serious look at you decoying practices . Because your doing something wrong . A good decoyer can get his bird into a good sensible range 25 -35 yards consistently . ..

That is where the true skill lies