Going modern!

Underdog

Vile weather pushed me to it!

Instead of using a shooting system over 200years old I was forced to go modern!

I had to use a platform a mere 150years or so old! A cap lock :lol:

The rain was awful and nowt was about much plus I had no dog! She is resting up with bad front paws, an infection from thorns I think.

I got some purple spray for her but the stupid bottle gets more on me, if I am not careful I will look like a purple minion!

Anyway, despite a good soaking this hen pheasant rose fast on the wind from a hedge and the wet gun discharged. I was pleased but the bird came down in sticky wet mud and proceeded to coat itself disgracefully in mud! Later I managed to miss pigeon like normal and a squirrel, so went home with a single bird.

I was glad I braved the weather, never any one else about in it :)

SAM_1156_zpsbf383c5b.jpg

U.

I should have said poultice, just look up animal poultice and you can buy it by the sheet.

What stage is it at? Basically it's like getting a thorn in your finger it swells up and goes septic with a pussy lump that will burst eventually. If it's already burst a poultice will draw it otherwise you may be able to lance it yourself with a sterilised needle then bathe and poultice. If it doesn't look better fairly quickly you may need a vet visit.

I should have said poultice, just look up animal poultice and you can buy it by the sheet.

What stage is it at? Basically it's like getting a thorn in your finger it swells up and goes septic with a pussy lump that will burst eventually. If it's already burst a poultice will draw it otherwise you may be able to lance it yourself with a sterilised needle then bathe and poultice. If it doesn't look better fairly quickly you may need a vet visit.

Done all that apart from the poultice so thanks.

U.

After a few hours you might get a damp cap unless its really really raining, but the caps are usually a very tight fit on the nipples and are reasonably water tight. Once the caps are pushed on i can't get them back off without a pair of plyers or a knife to lever it off with, so its fairly reliable.

good to see you got out and had some sport U!

Hope the dog recovers and can join you soon!