feild maps

Charlie_79

hello everyone, I have just been given permission to shoot 1000+ of winter rape to try and keep the pigeons off it for as long as possible

I know the area very well but im looking to find a map of the area so I can find all the different ways into the fields/ mark flight lines/ mark non shooting fields ETC

I have tried printing them off google maps but I seem to loose quality when I print it, and I cant seem to find any good map companies that I can buy a map of the area

how does everyone else do it ? and does anyone know any good map companies that they use ?

many thanks

If you tried what i posted you would get fields, ditches, trees,rivers. why do we bother, :lol:

:lol: don't worry la bala I have not over looked your post, im just trying to get a rough idea of the options I have out there before I try and print some off again.

ideally im looking for a professionally printed satellite map but im not sure if I will find one

:lol: don't worry la bala I have not over looked your post, im just trying to get a rough idea of the options I have out there before I try and print some off again.

ideally im looking for a professionally printed satellite map but im not sure if I will find one

Walk the land make an assessment as what will happen is you will start chasing them around until you go giddy...

I just hope you have not been drafted in as a bird scarer as it is a lot of ground to cover...

Good luck

TEH

It can be done via companies like Infoterra and others, but you will be looking at fairly serious money for something with sufficient scale and resolution to do what you are talking about. A good search term for you will be "geospatial products".

Your other options, depending on how computer savvy you are, would be to use Google Earth and build a .kml shapefile showing what you are interested in, or to import images of the areas you are interested in onto powerpoint and then draw in the information you want (hedges/trees/etc) and then remove the image. That way you will have an image-derived map with exactly what you want, for free.

hello everyone, I have just been given permission to shoot 1000+ of winter rape to try and keep the pigeons off it for as long as possible

I know the area very well but im looking to find a map of the area so I can find all the different ways into the fields/ mark flight lines/ mark non shooting fields ETC

I have tried printing them off google maps but I seem to loose quality when I print it, and I cant seem to find any good map companies that I can buy a map of the area

how does everyone else do it ? and does anyone know any good map companies that they use ?

many thanks

Just make sure you check you are allowed to use all the different ways into the field. Some farmers can be funny about certain routes.

We rent two fields on an estate about 25 miles from our yard, i popped over there today. There is approx 3/4 of a mile between the fields along a farm track, i can see one field from the other. However i am not allowed to use that track due to the "pheasants" instead its a 3 mile trip down the road!