Loch Leven

Royboy

To be honest I don't know his name because my mate has organised it, I'll find out tomorrow and keep you posted, I'm only doing one morning goose flight, pigeoning in the day then a duck flight at night then into town for a few scoops and have a look at the local talent !

To be honest I don't know his name because my mate has organised it, I'll find out tomorrow and keep you posted, I'm only doing one morning goose flight, pigeoning in the day then a duck flight at night then into town for a few scoops and have a look at the local talent !

Don't forget that the men wear the skirts !

The first time I went to Geoff Robson, he was still working with Des - I remember Geoff had a photo of what the local lass did to Des' s car about that!

quote name="deershooter" post="2676576" timestamp="1415949665"]

Des the goose man I remember when he was servicing a girl who worked at the Leven Hotel and another woman from one of his bus driving trips to Sweden turned up and what a laugh .

When i was talking to Mark he is busy with Geese now but come march he will be hitting the Pigeons again.

If you go to his web site an look at the booking calander you will see avalable dates for both Geese and Pigeons.

So pick your days and give him a call he will do his very best to accommidate you

• 3 weeks later...

Geoff has all but retired now and mark is doing most of the work , I think they are concentrating more on the geese than the pigeons now, ive been with them for four or five years on pigeons but didn't seem too interested when we contacted them for this year ,

but they are very pleasant people to deal with

When i was talking to Mark he is busy with Geese now but come march he will be hitting the Pigeons again.

If you go to his web site an look at the booking calander you will see avalable dates for both Geese and Pigeons.

So pick your days and give him a call he will do his very best to accommidate you

like I said both mark and Geoff were very good to us over the years, - but we had a day planned with Des last week, even spoke to him two days before to confirm but we were let down with no answer. - he never rung with time / place to meet + wouldn't answer his phone.

I thought a bit un gentlemanly and rude, so wont be recommending him or trying to use him again. bit of ashame sounded like a decent chap

Hesston

That's interesting, we booked a flight with Des a few years ago, all was well until he called the day before to say he'd been burgled so couldn't make it. He sent a fella to meet us and show us the ground the same evening. Next day we set up on the stubble before dawn in thick fog. We were getting a feeling we'd been ripped off but it turned out to be one of the dest decoying sessions I've ever had - geese coming in from all directions, thousands got of the loch and just kept circling. We couldn't see anything for the first hour after dawn but could hear geese all around, and at last some started to come in range and 3 skeins came straight into the decoys. I think the three of us ended up getting 12 mixed greys & pinks and a couple of mallard - not that numbers matter. But he got us in the right place, so he did his job despite not being there!

like I said both mark and Geoff were very good to us over the years, - but we had a day planned with Des last week, even spoke to him two days before to confirm but we were let down with no answer. - he never rung with time / place to meet + wouldn't answer his phone.

I thought a bit un gentlemanly and rude, so wont be recommending him or trying to use him again. bit of ashame sounded like a decent chap

Hesston

stick with Mark as i said before he's the best and most honest guide for Geese and Pigeons

a few years ago Des cost me money by not arranging flight or accommodation for some mates

he would not refund deposit

i had to stand it he blamed me

So if you are reading these posts you are still in to me for £75.00

half of the £150.00 deposit you charged them

Edited by Martin

stick with Mark as i said before he's the best and most honest guide for Geese and Pigeons

a few years ago Des cost me money by not arranging flight or accommodation for some mates

he would not refund deposit

i had to stand it he blamed me

So if you are reading these posts you are still in to me for £75.00

half of the £150.00 deposit you charged them

Think hes pretty much honest about everything fella,and genuinely cares about the quarry and doesnt abuse it.Take a couple of game days with him every year and they are faultless.