Loch Leven

Royboy

Went with him twice a year from 89 - 97 and found Mal and winkle (Wayne) nay bother at all, had the ground an we got amongst the geese. A good man and a good craic, so I found.

Mal Kempson - been doing it up there for far longer than most.

Don't make him good! Stick with Mark!

• 6 months later...

Sorry but the guides up my way are vermin. They drive around chasing the geese and flashing cash at farmers. They then spoil the shooting for some local shooter who has been helping the farmer out all year, by shooting his pigeons, crows, rabbits and foxes. I know many people that ended up being asked to pay for there shooting because of guides offering to shoot a field. Sorry, but certain guides had been in flashing cash at a few of the farms that I shoot last year and luckily they got chased.

Sorry if I'm bitter, but shooting should be done by trust and loyalty and not by poaching ground at the expense of another shooter.

I'm not prepared to name drop on a forum, but If I have offended anyone with my rant, then i have got my point across.

Safe shooting and some day we may meet in our travels.

I must admit I didn't think much of the man when I went with him in '89'. A bit full of himself and condescending. He wasn't too impressed when my party said we preferred being guided by his employee at the time Sandy Aitkin who was a much nicer chap.

Gone are the days of Alan Murray best goose guide in that neck of the woods....I say gone I was told he headed back to Lancashire wonder what he's doing these days or is he still doing the goose guide bit anyone know?...he was a class act at putting you under the pinks ;-)

Gone are the days of Alan Murray best goose guide in that neck of the woods....I say gone I was told he headed back to Lancashire wonder what he's doing these days or is he still doing the goose guide bit anyone know?...he was a class act at putting you under the pinks ;-)

Last time I spoke to Alan, he had his own little shoot now for pheasants etc. I met Alan after he finished guiding, when I was asked to take Alan and Robin Scott out shooting geese on one of my fields, when they were up staying and i have kept in touch with him since.

Up till last year, Alan has come up to Newburgh to stay, every 1st of September, where he would go out in the boat with a friend. After morning flight, he would join us for the famous wildfowlers pub crawl through the town. The story's he tells are priceless and a huge knowledge of goose shooting.

My opinion still does not change on goose guides as they are all vermin and have told him that often over a few rums, but as a person he is a great guy.