Just posted FAC application

Richie092

• 6 months later...

Well, so much for it being quick.....it wasn't but I finally picked it up today with everything I want on it... 2 x .22 with mods, .243 with mod, .308 with mod and shotgun. Well please.

I do have one question though if anyone can answer it. On my ammo allowance it doesn't state solid or soft point it just has a figure. All calibers at the moment are for target only until I open them up so does this mean I will need to get a variation on the ammo as well?

Well, so much for it being quick.....it wasn't but I finally picked it up today with everything I want on it... 2 x .22 with mods, .243 with mod, .308 with mod and shotgun. Well please.

I do have one question though if anyone can answer it. On my ammo allowance it doesn't state solid or soft point it just has a figure. All calibers at the moment are for target only until I open them up so does this mean I will need to get a variation on the ammo as well?

When you apply for live quarry shooting you will automatically be given authority to acquire expanding ammo.

Gotcha, on the first page at the moment it states for use "while a member of my club" and then where I can shoot each gun.

so, if you don't mind answering another one... Do I have to send my license back for a variation? I have only just got it and don't want to lose it again for months. I have a large permission now and want to open up some of the guns on there but I will be needing my license to buy them.

You need it to state what you are allowed to shoot and on what land. Each calibre needs to be listed on there, if this is your first ticket it will be a closed one I imagine ( meaning you can only use rifles on listed grounds on your certificate) after a while you can apply for a open ticket ( where you can shoot anywhere you have permission to shoot on)

Hope this helps

Ok, I have found the Kent variation form and you are right. It does say that the license has to be sent away with the form but the form only asks about change in calibres and ammunition, not use. have I got the right form?

http://www.kent.police.uk/advice/licences_and_permits/firearms_licensing/attachments/Variation_Form_202.pdf

It does help thank you. I have ground to shoot on now so would like to get authorised for that ASAP but as per my earlier Q will I have to send it back or wait until I receive a new one?

If your fac is for target shooting only and you want to use it for vermin you will have to give details of that land and yes you will have to send it back as they will add conditions on it to allow you to shoot over private land. Do you know if it's been cleared for the calibres you have? If the land hasn't been inspected the police will have to come out and check it and that will make your wait even longer. I would buy your guns now if I was you and stock up on the target ammo and just go down your club till it comes through.

my fac doesn't list the land I shoot over, maybe they did in the past (I only got mine this year) I have 2 conditions on it:

1) The firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting any lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot (this is a closed ticket)

2) the certificate holder may purchase posses or aquire expanding ammunition in the calibres authorised by and in accordance with the conditions on this certificate