Continuing To Decoy/Shoot As You Age

sitsinhedges

Half expected to see a gun rest on the front and it painted in realtree camo :-). (please do this)

Looks cool, any good offroad?

Does a 1/4 hill including rough grass and stony tracks. Goes over cart tracks no problem. Will do up to 8" water. I generally carry the gun in its sling over the back. Can carry it broken over my knee as well.

Will get stuck if you go through deep thick mud with no underlying surface for traction. I did that, but the plastic tracks I carry in the front locker got me out of that one. No chance of the camo repaint job. Most of my shooting clothes are varying shades of green. Might consider hanging a camo net over it though. :lol:

Very comfy ride.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to be 49 in a couple of weeks, only started shooting this year, certainly hope there's life in this not-quite-old dog yet :) Just wish I'd had someone to introduce me to this 30 years ago.

Don't worry about being 49. I started shooting at 58 at the beginning of this year and turned 59 last month and am really enjoying shooting. :)

lorigarellous or whatever is a GIRL.........................get ready for the tongue lashing.............5-4-3-2-..........................

:lol::lol::lol: He should be so lucky.

wasn't aiming at loriusgarrulus just general everybody that is older than me If my comment has offended anyone I apologise

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol: No offence taken.

How are the mighty fallen...

Day before yesterday I contracted some sort of bug. Now coughing fit to bust, can't eat without feeling nauseous and absolutely no energy whatsoever.

Should be out on the North Sea in a fishing boat tomorrow but that isn't going to happen.

Oh God it is just terrible... :no:

How are the mighty fallen...

Day before yesterday I contracted some sort of bug. Now coughing fit to bust, can't eat without feeling nauseous and absolutely no energy whatsoever.

Should be out on the North Sea in a fishing boat tomorrow but that isn't going to happen.

Oh God it is just terrible... :no:

Not had a flu jab have you? my mate Tom had one last year and ain't been right since. :no:

Me and The Memsahib have accepted the flue jab ever since they were first introduced with no problems.

We moved into the village 5 months ago so I presume we are now exposed to many more germs and viruses being circulated around.

Didn't have any neighbours before.

Main problem is my throat - can't talk without coughing. That and no energy to do anything which just isn't like me.

Anyway, today I am determined to go and hand feed the pheasants.

My feeding strips are always around a couple of feeders so that in the case that I cannot get there then they still have feed.

I can't stay cooped up in this house any longer.

Me and The Memsahib have accepted the flue jab ever since they were first introduced with no problems.

We moved into the village 5 months ago so I presume we are now exposed to many more germs and viruses being circulated around.

Didn't have any neighbours before.

Main problem is my throat - can't talk without coughing. That and no energy to do anything which just isn't like me.

Anyway, today I am determined to go and hand feed the pheasants.

My feeding strips are always around a couple of feeders so that in the case that I cannot get there then they still have feed.

I can't stay cooped up in this house any longer.

Go on mate you can do it, the fresh air will do you good. :good:

Reading through this topic at a more leisurely rate - I get the feeling that obesity is being ignored.

I'm not a stick insect by any means but if you are seriously overweight you are carrying a sack of spuds (25kgs) before you even pick up your kit.

Knees and muscles are going to start complaining immediately.

how the hell do you know me without ever meeting me? odd