What a nugget

Duckman91

Utt oh, we are in danger of another 'sporting' argument again...

I'll do it for you:

Game shooter:

"Ah, it's not sporting to shoot a pheasant with a air gun or rifle or anything but a shotgun"

Airgun Shooter:

"But it's humane and better than wounding with your scatter guns yadda yadda"

I know this is the sort of argument as this has been done to death a lot on here. A airgun can kill a pheasant, humanely if a head shot, so can a shotgun. Sporting is an opinion and will thus cause big arguments and name calling.

As to the 72 yard rabbit - reminds me of the 702 yard hare.

Utt oh, we are in danger of another 'sporting' argument again...

I'll do it for you:

Game shooter:

"Ah, it's not sporting to shoot a pheasant with a air gun or rifle or anything but a shotgun"

Airgun Shooter:

"But it's humane and better than wounding with your scatter guns yadda yadda"

I know this is the sort of argument as this has been done to death a lot on here. A airgun can kill a pheasant, humanely if a head shot, so can a shotgun. Sporting is an opinion and will thus cause big arguments and name calling.

As to the 72 yard rabbit - reminds me of the 702 yard hare.

:lol: Pretty much sums these threads up.

I was always told game birds with an air rifle was a no no but seems not on here. Each to their own I suppose :)

it's a no no if you don't have permission to do so . It's a shame you feel the need to copy a post and paste it in here and assume the person a nugget on very little information. But As you say , each to their own I suppose.

If u hit a rabbit at 72 yards in the head with a 12ft lb air rifle it would be stone dead what is the problem????

That's a very big if. It's the hitting it that's exactly the problem especially as the holdover at 72 yards is 18" and if you get the range finding wrong by just 2 yards the poi will shift by nearly 2", not to mention the almost half second flight time and the likelyhood of the rabbit moving. And all that is assuming the guy pulling the trigger has superhuman steadynes and composure and the pellets are unblemished and exactly alike. The chances of a clean kill are not in his (or the rabbit's) favour but chances of maiming are very high. That's the problem.

Edited by FalconFN

That's a very big if. It's the hitting it that's exactly the problem especially as the holdover at 72 yards is 18" and if you get the range finding wrong by just 2 yards the poi will shift by nearly 2", not to mention the almost half second flight time and the likelyhood of the rabbit moving. And all that is assuming the guy pulling the trigger has superhuman steadynes and composure and the pellets are unblemished and exactly alike. The chances of a clean kill are not in his (or the rabbit's) favour but chances of maiming are very high. That's the problem.

falcon you must of read my mind,,,

72yrd rabbits,,,75yrds yes ,,,but 72yrds ,,now that is a bit iffy