Crow callers

Cambsman

at work i am watching flocks just jump from field to field. and have only got drilled wheat to shoot on till the farmer drills his peas,no rape to shoot at all. so my winter shooting is going to be pretty limited. so thats why i will try to decoy the crows to see me throughthe winter

The ACME caller is more suited to calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch sound. The PRIMOS Power Crow caller, is, in my opinion, the best on the market. I have used them for over 10 years, and have had great success with them. I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's and Rooks, not to mention Seagulls (just to prove I could do it) The Sam Neyt one is good, but not at the price it costs. The Primos will do everything, and more, than the Sam Neyt one can do, and I speak from experience. I bought a Sam Neyt one, tried it out, and sold it the very next day.

Get yourself a Primos Power Crow caller, and learn to use it. You have to practice until you get it right. Many people just snub it as being no good, but it needs to be used correctly. Listen to how Crow's call and attract others. Making the wrong sound can scare them away, as mentioned by WelshMike.

Steve.

The ACME caller is more suited to calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch sound. The PRIMOS Power Crow caller, is, in my opinion, the best on the market. I have used them for over 10 years, and have had great success with them I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's and Rooks, not to mention Seagulls (just to prove I could do it) The Sam Neyt on is good, but not at the price it costs. The Primos will do everything, and more, than the Sam Neyt one can do, and I speak from experience. I bought a Sam Neyt one, tried it out, and sold it the very next day.

Get yourself a Primos Power Crow caller, and learn to use it. You have to practice until you get it right. Many people just snub it as being no good, but it needs to be used correctly. Listen to how Crow's call and attract others. Making the wrong sound can scare them away, as mentioned by WelshMike.

Steve.

Cheers Steve. After such high praise I will continue with the practice since you have had good results. I thought that it was more then likely down to the fool trying to use it (in my case anyway).

Primos power crow and Mad dog both good, but you need to blow them properly and not sound like a crow alarm. just listen to their calls and imitate, easier said than done. Had some results with mine though. MM

+1. You need to listen to the calls. For example, when out shooting Jackdaw's, and one or two have been shot, I make a high pitched call sound that imitates an injured bird. It works every time, and brings them back in to investigate.

Have the Primos Power call on the recommendation of Steve b, and was astonished at the results. As he says, ignore the instructions on the packing and just listen to the calls. Mate was very sceptical at first but once I'd got the hang of it (took a couple of outings before I started getting it anywhere near) he was very impressed when we both looked up from the hide one time to realise two Jackdaws had skimmed over us and completely ignored our deeks. Gave them a few calls and I was as surprised as him when they turned from about 60 yds away and came back over. He got the left and I got the right. Amazing.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for raising a new post after a month.

I mentioned earlier that I had poor results with the Primos Power Crow. I would like to blame the idiot using it as I have now had a fair bit of practice and am getting some good results.

Good bit of kit just persist and practice.

Glad you got it sorted Mike. It does take some practice, although I must admit that when I bought my first one many years ago, I seemed to get it right the first time. Luck maybe. The Sam Neyt one is good, but can only be used for Crow's. The Primos can and has been used by me to call in Crow's, Rook's, Jackdaw's and Seagulls (not to shoot though) I take two callers when I am out and have a new one on standby just in case.

Glad you got it sorted Mike. It does take some practice, although I must admit that when I bought my first one many years ago, I seemed to get it right the first time. Luck maybe. The Sam Neyt one is good, but can only be used for Crow's. The Primos can and has been used by me to call in Crow's, Rook's, Jackdaw's and Seagulls (not to shoot though) I take two callers when I am out and have a new one on standby just in case.

Cheers Steve.