Royale 400 12ft lbs then convert to FAC later

antdg

Hi all

Im looking to buy the FX Royale 400 in 12ft lbs. My question is at a later date (when I free a slot up) could I convert it to FAC. If this is possible how easy would it be to do. Im not looking for instructions just your opinion.

The other thing is free the slot then but the FAC version.

Cheers

Antdg.

It's usually not worth the money doing it to be honest. Yes it probably can be done, but at a cost. Usually, quite a few parts need to be changed to get a gun to take the power and potentially a completely different regulator (if you opt to have one in yours) You then wipe off a lot of its value if you wanted to resell it afterwards. I would either wait until you have the slot free and then get an already done FAC, or keep it at a 12ft/lb.

As Chris said its more tricky than just upping the power.

When I wanted to upgrade my FAC air I placed an order for a Royal at 30 ft/lb in .22. In the end I gave up as they didn't have the new valve to convert one they had in stock and didn't know when they were getting them (2 weeks became 4 became 6). I was told if they didn't get the bits in to convert a stock 12 ft/lb getting a pre set FAC one was a 12 week + wait :oops: . In the end I picked up a Daystate Merlyn 2nd hand for a good price and never looked back.

I think the hassle would not be worth it get a 12 ft/lb FX if you fancy one and as Chris and Deckers said and keep an eye out for something in FAC when you get your ticket they do come up for decent money regularly.