Some fool on the loose in Durham...

chrisjpainter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-30086013

I know that most people on this forum are more educated and responsible than some of the idiots spread out over facebook's air rifle groups, but even so, a stark reminder for us all.

I feel for the kid. Horrible way to have an afternoon watching football end.

Isn't this what the airgun portion of the VCR act was supposed to stop ??? Airgun a locked up away from the under 18's liscening shops selling them etc etc?

Thats what it was sold as, unfortunately anyone with half a brain that realises legislation and pieces of paper do nothing to stop gun crime are usually ignored when such matters are discussed.

Where ever they bought the gun, or that adult who allowed them access should be taken to the cleaners, but i doubt it'll happen

Edited by Breastman

There is always some silly little ******* around but that should be attempted murder, to me. They wil get a slap on the wrists and walk, and that poor lad will suffer psychologically for a long time,!!!!!!
But I have to ask? ????? How many people on this forum keep all their air weapons locked away all the time when he they are not being used,,,,
So,,,,, think on when you say ,, I will put it away later!!!! ( my friend was shot 30 years ago by some litte ********,)

Mine's locked up in the cabinet as we speak. I don't have any certificate (the gun's sub12) but it's kept as if it was under an FAC. ]

The laws are so vague about air rifle storage:

'it is now an offence for a person in possession of an air weapon to fail to take reasonable precautions to prevent a person under the age of 18 from gaining unauthorised access to it.'

Yet there's no clue as to what reasonable precautions really means, just vague principles. Too much legislation needs tightening up around air guns

I don't think legislation around air rifles needs tightening up, responsible gun owners will suffer AGAIN as usual, its not the responsible gun owners at fault but the irresponsible ones,

what is needed is the strong arm of the law being able to use their powers, there is NO deterrent for idiots out there in anything, respect for the law does not exist in some peoples mind,

that's the sad thing, when I was a kid a clip round the ear off the local bobby was all it took , 3 years jail doesn,t even work now because its like a games room they are being sent too what with pool tables, playstation,s, xbox,s some of these idiots havn,t even got that at home so no wonder they don't fear the law or jail,

tightening the law up where air rifles are concerned will do nothing but affect the law abiding citizens/gun owners

just my opinion mind

atb Evo

There is always some silly little ******* around but that should be attempted murder, to me. They wil get a slap on the wrists and walk, and that poor lad will suffer psychologically for a long time,!!!!!!

But I have to ask? ????? How many people on this forum keep all their air weapons locked away all the time when he they are not being used,,,,

So,,,,, think on when you say ,, I will put it away later!!!! ( my friend was shot 30 years ago by some litte ********,)

Mine all are!

as are mine!