Russian gun laws become more permissive...

Steppenwolf

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively put your head between your legs and ‘Kiss your #### Goodbye’! :ninja:

Or didn’t the jocks successfully employ an effective alternative reaction at that Glasgow airport thingy? :good: :good:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095605/How-baggage-handler-hero-Glasgow-terror-attack--doubts-raised-story.html

ok look seriously I enjoy shooting clays and game its a great sport, I have no issue with individuals who own firearms that are used in an appropriate manner, where I do struggle is with a line of logic which takes you to a place where you put the lives of others especially children at risk just so we can enjoy shooting, the problem especially with handguns is they attract the sort of person looking to make a statement looking to obtain a niche in infamy from some obscene act of barbarity.

These individuals are very rare they are a once in a ten year event but I am sorry I cant sign onto a gun ownership position which has any potential that allows this.

I would go as far as to say if the current legislation position resulted in acts of mass murder i would support further tightening of the law.

Then please give up your guns. It seems you want the government to further legislating you out of the sport. You are not the kind of person who should own guns, join the Gun Control Network or something. You never know you might even be happier speaking to like minded people.

I am not anti gun just pro life

The desire to own and use a weapon any weapon is chilling, do you guys need a handgun or semi auto rifle so badly that you would happily see other people die just for your pleasure :no:

We don't own weapons. They are sporting equipment. You can't own a gun for self-defense in Uk. If you could then it would become a weapon. Lots of people die from many other reasons that guns. Maybe I should feel bad every time I go to the local fish and chip shop since hundreds of thousands of people a year die from obesity.

Isn't my choice to eat fish and chips compounding the problem and giving money to the "obesity death machine" that is the local chippy?

Of course I am rational not like you and say that no, it is my choice what I eat, smoke, drink and use as a tool (ie gun) and govenrment and other busybodies have no place to tell me what to do.

no you cant, without getting into all sorts of scenarios to prove a point you wouldn't attempt an act of mass murder with a knife if you had a shotgun to hand.

The original point wasn't about shotguns my post was and still is handguns and semi auto rifles should remain banned they are the weapons of choice for deranged individuals, the fact you don't care if someone might be killed just so you can shoot paper is sick and twisted almost deranged :hmm:

WE can still have semi auto 22lr rifles and shotguns do you think they shgould be banned?

You are equating the fact that we are enjoying shooting or owning a certain gun with the fact that we secretly in our mind want mass murder. I think that is called projection. I think it is you who need help.

ok look seriously I enjoy shooting clays and game its a great sport, I have no issue with individuals who own firearms that are used in an appropriate manner, where I do struggle is with a line of logic which takes you to a place where you put the lives of others especially children at risk just so we can enjoy shooting, the problem especially with handguns is they attract the sort of person looking to make a statement looking to obtain a niche in infamy from some obscene act of barbarity.

These individuals are very rare they are a once in a ten year event but I am sorry I cant sign onto a gun ownership position which has any potential that allows this.

I would go as far as to say if the current legislation position resulted in acts of mass murder i would support further tightening of the law.[/quote.

I can't believe that anyone with such negative views on all firearms could actually own and use any.you have got to be on a wind up.

Edited by bostonmick

So just to get back on track the thread is about Russia taking a more relaxed stance on guns, I hold a view that any civilised society shouldn't entertain handguns or weapons with the capacity to hold over 2 rounds you only have to look at the US to realise what a mess they are in, clearly other hold a different view.

A potential solution would be to only allow handgun ownership via a profiling process, individuals who inevitably commit these acts are white middle aged males, a simple solution would be to restrict them from access.

So just to get back on track the thread is about Russia taking a more relaxed stance on guns, I hold a view that any civilised society shouldn't entertain handguns or weapons with the capacity to hold over 2 rounds you only have to look at the US to realise what a mess they are in, clearly other hold a different view.

A potential solution would be to only allow handgun ownership via a profiling process, individuals who inevitably commit these acts are white middle aged males, a simple solution would be to restrict them from access.

You dont seem to grasp though that all your doing is presuming every single gun owner is a murderer in the making and that is very insulting.

And please stop calling them weapons.They are firearms.

edited to add:

If we all adopted your mentality,no male would be ever allowed behind the wheeh due to men being twice as likely as women to drink drive and cars do kill more lives than any other method.Think about it.

Edited by Imperfection

So just to get back on track the thread is about Russia taking a more relaxed stance on guns, ​Oh no, you don't get out of it that easy. You brought Dunblane into a thread about Russian handgun laws in the most outrageously insulting manner imaginable, but now it doesn't suit your purposes you want to get back on thread?

I hold a view that any civilised society shouldn't entertain handguns or weapons with the capacity to hold over 2 rounds Of course it's entirely coincidental that your firearm of choice has a magazine capacity of no more than two rounds of ammunition isn't it? What a monumental hypocrite!

you only have to look at the US to realise what a mess they are in, Of course, restrict the firearm owning population of the USA to two rounds in their firearms; that'll clear that 'mess' right up in no time wont it?

clearly other hold a different view.

You are unbelievable ! Now you're suggesting profiling for white middle-aged males! Forum rules deny me the chance to say exactly what I think of you unfortunately, but as the last person to commit one of 'these acts' did so with legally held firearms consisting of a .22rf rifle and a double barrelled 12 bore ejector shotgun ( of a design and function almost identical to yours, held on a license identical to yours ) then by your logic you can only agree that the simplest way to avoid a reoccurrence is to 'restrict them from access'? To think otherwise would be hypocritical wouldn't it..... Oops!

Illogical and insulting comments such as yours I could understand coming from an anti, but to come from someone who actually owns firearms beggars belief. Truly astonishing.

. Here we go again....

Look at the latest story from Firearms United:

https://www.facebook.com/FirearmsUnited

Changes in Russian gun laws clarified. They are not about self-defence or the right to bear arms but measures intended to help foreign hunting and the logistics of shooting clubs.

"

From our member Maria Butina - Chairman of "The Right to Bear Arms"

There have been some recent changes in Russian Federation gun laws and regulations that have triggered a large number of questions from foreign arms communities and citizens. We would like to answer – in English – some of the most common questions that we have received. We hope this helps everyone’s understanding moving forward!
Recent Changes in Russian Federation Gun Laws & Regulations

Maria Butina November 29, 2014
Chairman
The Right to Bear Arms

There have been some recent changes in Russian Federation gun laws and regulations that have triggered a large number of questions from foreign arms communities and citizens. We would like to answer – in English – some of the most common questions that we have received. We hope this helps everyone’s understanding moving forward!

On November 18, 2014, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed into law several changes designed to help in the development of hunting and shooting sports in the Russian Federation. The Right to Bear Arms worked with the government in designing this legislation and we believe these changes to be positive.

Foreign citizens wishing to travel to Russia to hunt or participate in sporting competitions will now enjoy simpler customs procedures AND will be allowed to keep and transport their weapons themselves during their time in Russia. (Previously, foreign visitors needed to hire third party Russian companies to transport personal weapons brought into the country.)

Russian gun collectors no longer have to coordinate their weapon purchases with the Russian Ministry of Culture.

Russian gun owners are now allowed to transport up to 1,000 rounds of ammunition within the country (up from a previous limit of 400). This should make hunting trips and sporting competitions much easier to enjoy.

Sport shooting clubs themselves are now allowed to transport up to 20 weapons and 20,000 rounds of ammunition per trip to their facilities (up from 5 weapons and a mere 400 rounds of ammunition). While the requirement of hiring expensive security personnel for each such trip remains, the fact that fewer such trips should now be required should lower the cost of operations for all shooting clubs substantially.

Unfortunately, these new laws and regulations still do not expand the rights of Russian Federation citizens to defend themselves in their homes or on the streets. But we continue that battle!"