spinning off the rocks

islandgun

The boats ashore so I thought I'd have an afternoon chilled on the rocks, some nice pollack about and i ended with 4 between 4 and 5lb and lost 2, not the biggest or the most but great fun, looking forward to some curry, fish and chips, and fish pie

post-66520-0-97905400-1416427346_thumb.jpg

post-66520-0-64374900-1416427360_thumb.jpg

Edited by islandgun

Nice white fish. I have them with chips and peas instead of cod or haddock. Do them in a dry batter with seasoned flour on one plate and beaten egg on another. Coat the fillets in course flour then the egg then the flour again and fry till golden brown. Scrumptious. Unfortunatley I have to buy my pollock from Lidl.

Great fun spinning, but try them on a fly rod, the go like $¥?€ !

I do when I can, especially from the boat, Iv'e bouyed a small reef and tie to that and use a fast sinking line and a floating lure with a slow retrieve, I think the line runs along the kelp and the lure floats above, the best takes are when the lure is on the surface just before the next cast and the pollack's makes one last attack with the momentum taking it clear of the surface. Are you getting pollack in Essex now ?

interesting to see everyone else spells Pollack as Pollock we actually call them Lythe here, either way they are excellent eating, loriousgarrulus are you getting Alaskan pollack, in Lidl,? We fry them in goujons (fish fingers) but mostly make curry,

Just checked the pack in the freezer. It say Pacific pollock.

I do when I can, especially from the boat, Iv'e bouyed a small reef and tie to that and use a fast sinking line and a floating lure with a slow retrieve, I think the line runs along the kelp and the lure floats above, the best takes are when the lure is on the surface just before the next cast and the pollack's makes one last attack with the momentum taking it clear of the surface. Are you getting pollack in Essex now ?

no such luck,used to take fly rod down to Devon and Cornwall and have a couple of hours away from the missus and kids catching pollack,bass and mackerel , great fun!

fine pair of pollocks correct MAYBE.jpg yese.jpgThe boats ashore so I thought I'd have an afternoon chilled on the rocks, some nice pollack about and i ended with 4 between 4 and 5lb and lost 2, not the biggest or the most but great fun, looking forward to some curry, fish and chips, and fish pie

Chuffing hell, what a beautiful backdrop to fine sport. Looks like you're in clover Steve! Do you need any left handed lures to go with your set up?

some good wrecks in North Sea off East Anglia, but mostly cod, bass and ling, pollack and conger quite rare.

any boats from Bradwell finding wrecks or is further north, I remember reading about a boat from the Deben on them

Chuffing hell, what a beautiful backdrop to fine sport. Looks like you're in clover Steve! Do you need any left handed lures to go with your set up?

You noticed the reel then, I got it cheap and I'm still trying to get used to it, the star drag is back to front, always use a fixed spool with the handle on the left, not sure those left handed spinners cast very well but I'm happy to give em try

You noticed the reel then, I got it cheap and I'm still trying to get used to it, the star drag is back to front, always use a fixed spool with the handle on the left, not sure those left handed spinners cast very well but I'm happy to give em try

I am right handed at everything but not fishing i always have handle on the left for some reason :hmm:??? what do you think of the multi compared to the fixed spool only ever used one once