spinning off the rocks

islandgun

You noticed the reel then, I got it cheap and I'm still trying to get used to it, the star drag is back to front, always use a fixed spool with the handle on the left, not sure those left handed spinners cast very well but I'm happy to give em try

I am right handed at everything but not fishing i always have handle on the left for some reason :hmm:??? what do you think of the multi compared to the fixed spool only ever used one once

I use the multi for most sea fishing, just what I'm used too, to me i feel more in control of the retrieve and the drag seems to work better, having said that fix spools have advanced more than multi but Iv'e stripped the gears on one or two cheap ones old adage buy cheap buy twice, something I never seem to learn

Is the reel an abu 7000?? nice fish :)

No mate its (another) cheap 5600 probably made in china, I do have a proper 7000 which i use on a 12lb class boat rod, always had ABU's since the early 70s most of them are still knocking about or bits of them.

I'm right handed but use left handled reels always have and never gave it a thought. Just thought as a right handed that's the rod hand and line finger for casting fixed spools.

I use a if old Scarborough centre pun for boat fishing, nothing like it for a good fight.

Figgy

I'm right handed but use left handled reels always have and never gave it a thought. Just thought as a right handed that's the rod hand and line finger for casting fixed spools.

I use a if old Scarborough centre pun for boat fishing, nothing like it for a good fight.

Figgy

Take some winding up from 300 ft with a 10lb cod or ling on your hook thou :lol:

I used to love fishing off a boat as a kid with a line of feathers for makerel and once caught a pollock, took it back to the caravan and it was really nice.

Would love to be in a position to that again and catch my first cod, sadly its been 10-15 years since I caught a fish of any kind. Still have all my kit though. Sohould probobly sell it but although not used it may upset my old man as that was the only thing I really got to spend time with him doing as a kid before I turned to shooting !

ATB

Matt

I used to love fishing off a boat as a kid with a line of feathers for makerel and once caught a pollock, took it back to the caravan and it was really nice.

Would love to be in a position to that again and catch my first cod, sadly its been 10-15 years since I caught a fish of any kind. Still have all my kit though. Sohould probobly sell it but although not used it may upset my old man as that was the only thing I really got to spend time with him doing as a kid before I turned to shooting !

ATB

Matt

Get your self out for the day on a boat see if you have still got your sea legs