Fenland wildfowlers Members

muncher

Just to inform you all. Following the last FWA committee meeting on the 18/11/14 we have had to expell one member for life and reprimand 2 more.
As you can tell the Club takes transgressions of the rules very seriously, we will back our wardens one hundred percent in these matters. They are charged with upholding our club rules and the conduct of our members in order to protect our lease. Therefore, ensureing the preservation of wildfowling for our future generations. Please take NOTE.

Surely this is a case for the FWA and not appropriate for an open forum. If you want to describe an incident at a marsh that resulted in someone being disciplined so we can learn from it fair enough, but the post as it is is pointless. IMHO

Surely it serves as a warning to other members and just letting members know, if not they will not see about it untill the next newsletter

Surely it serves as a warning to other members and just letting members know, if not they will not see about it untill the next newsletter

If the message is that important, I would have sent an email to each member in the club and kept it in house. 90%+ these days have email. Then you know they have been told. But in fairness to the post it is titled. 'Fenland Wildfowlers members' so I guess it hasn't done any harm. I would have just done it differently.

Just to inform you all. Following the last FWA committee meeting on the 18/11/14 we have had to expell one member for life and reprimand 2 more.

As you can tell the Club takes transgressions of the rules very seriously, we will back our wardens one hundred percent in these matters. They are charged with upholding our club rules and the conduct of our members in order to protect our lease. Therefore, ensureing the preservation of wildfowling for our future generations. Please take NOTE.

this is a FWA matter and such has been handled by the committee and would have thought that this post has no place on this forum and should be removed (imo) as FWD members will most likely be informed of the outcome in their newsletter (again this should only be relevant to FWA members)

I don't really have an opinion on whether this post should be on here or not but obviously fenland wildfowlers have had to address something quite serious and I give credit to the club for backing up their wardens. I do have a question that jules could answer,do you have appointed wardens or are all full members accredited as wardens after a period of time as members.

What I would like to see put in place was some sort of black list where people who have been banned from a club are named so that if they apply to join another club they can be checked out. If the person/guilty are already a member of several clubs, which many people are, the other clubs could then confer and make their own decisions. To my knowledge their is no such scheme in place but their should be.

There may be nothing official, but I'm sure word gets about between senior club officials. I know it did in Essex.

I don't really have an opinion on whether this post should be on here or not but obviously fenland wildfowlers have had to address something quite serious and I give credit to the club for backing up their wardens. I do have a question that jules could answer,do you have appointed wardens or are all full members accredited as wardens after a period of time as members.
What I would like to see put in place was some sort of black list where people who have been banned from a club are named so that if they apply to join another club they can be checked out. If the person/guilty are already a member of several clubs, which many people are, the other clubs could then confer and make their own decisions. To my knowledge their is no such scheme in place but their should be.

If the message is that important, I would have sent an email to each member in the club and kept it in house. 90%+ these days have email. Then you know they have been told. But in fairness to the post it is titled. 'Fenland Wildfowlers members' so I guess it hasn't done any harm. I would have just done it differently.

There are 400 members of FWA and some will not give there email address and I for one am not putting them all in my computer .to be honest I have tried all means to try and make members behave I have been on the marsh and the car parks and tried gentle talks to behave, watch your range etc but my phone at times just goes mad with complaints ,moans ,my wife wants to smash my phone as we often get no peace .So yes I might have tried a different tact but i'm tired of this ,for me prevention and education is better than a cure.It is not my intention to offend just let people know we are acting and watching, after a lot of mud has been slung at FWA on this forum and others forums about behaviour .

Firstly every full member has the rite to ask for cards ,but appointed wardens are all committee members at this time, secondly the wash joint council of which i'm a member will all get a letter with the details of the individual who was banned to explain why. The rules broken are standard rules on every Wash club as far as I know .

this is a FWA matter and such has been handled by the committee and would have thought that this post has no place on this forum and should be removed (imo) as FWD members will most likely be informed of the outcome in their newsletter (again this should only be relevant to FWA members)

Maybe Saltings ,but we have tried with the news letters Facebook, wardens etc. and the message that club rules must be followed for the good of the club ,and to be honest FWA doesn't have many. We want to reach as many people who use our club ,guest and members to adhere to the club rules, So we all have a sport in the future.

Jules

Muncher, I wasn't referring to the actions the FWA took from a disciplinary point of view. That is completly none of my business. I was only referring to the fact that you had used an open forum, pigeon watch as a vehicle for getting a message to readers which was solely aimed at FWA members and really not relevant to anyone else.

If all clubs used this forum to get their messages over to only their own members I'm sure many would be quite hacked off. But as I said no harm done.

Muncher, I wasn't referring to the actions the FWA took from a disciplinary point of view. That is completly none of my business. I was only referring to the fact that you had used an open forum, pigeon watch as a vehicle for getting a message to readers which was solely aimed at FWA members and really not relevant to anyone else.

If all clubs used this forum to get their messages over to only their own members I'm sure many would be quite hacked off. But as I said no harm done.

Yes you are correct and for that i,m sorry ,like I put if the mods think this is not appropriate then please delete it.

Jules

I am sorry , I let myself down , I did not realise that stripping off all my clothes and running around starkers in the mud shouting "come on" after shooting my first foreshore pinks was against the rules , it will not happen again , well not unless I shoot a pintail drake.

Surely you should take a more realistic view on damaging sea defences. Surely Big Matt didn't mean to remove all the mud from your club marshes intentionally? if that is the case then he will be banned from other clubs too. Its not like he filled his waders and pockets with mud, he plastered it all over himself for all to see and even had photo's taken. :lol: