Shotgun value

white van man

Hi Guys,

First off I know 0000000 about shotguns.

I have a 12bore side by side made by R.Edwards from Birmingham.

It has been re barrelled and is a really nice gun BUT I spend enough time stalking and foxing to use it.

I have googled auctions and Damasc barrelled versions make £1500 obviously this is just an ordinary gun.

What is it worth.

Steve.

Dependant on a few other things such as ejector or non ejector, cased or not, quality of woodwork etc. It is not one of the top names and being sleeved does greatly effect price and I would agree with the figures already quoted. It is NOT a good time for English boxlocks at present, unless they are top quality and 'mint' condition, with all of the bits.

You can buy serviceable English Box locks all day long with minor provincial makers names on them in the £100 - £300 range.

If they are a bit rubbish, they are literally worth zilch - bought 30 guns, all dealer trade ins, for £5-00 a gun and turned most of them into De-acs. as worth more on the wall as a display piece than they are as a usable fire-arm.

So, as others advise, unless there is something really special about this gun, don't hold you breath on value, its not going to fund your retirement.