Pinkfoot shooting video

motty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good shooting on the video ,and there is certainly no shortage of geese in your area .Well done for doing several things all at the same time and that pair of high ones were out of the top drawer. Brilliant bit of shooting with the gun and the camera.

What is the duck shooting like on those salt marshes ? or do the geese take priority over the duck as we have got one or two members who are only interested in the geese and tend to leave the duck alone.

Some good shooting on the video ,and there is certainly no shortage of geese in your area .Well done for doing several things all at the same time and that pair of high ones were out of the top drawer. Brilliant bit of shooting with the gun and the camera.

What is the duck shooting like on those salt marshes ? or do the geese take priority over the duck as we have got one or two members who are only interested in the geese and tend to leave the duck alone.

I have been on the marshes where those videos where shot this week, and i've seen very few duck. Only had a shot at one wigeon which i promptly missed with the 10 bore!

I would say the geese take priority when they are around in good numbers. There are decent numbers of duck around, but I wouldn't call it a great duck marsh. Good bags of various duck can be had when the tides and winds are favourable and the effort is put in. I intend to try and shoot a few more duck in the coming weeks.

Great video , was that Sam I could hear with you when you both shot a good one ?

I think you video confirms what I thought at the time that the first goose I shot was pricked with my first shot before being killed with the second, nice to have it on film.

No, Sam is still to shoot his first pink! He has missed some great flights, but hopefully I can get him under some this week.

It was Jules on film.

Great video and great shooting,is that HW shot you are using ? Jim

The high bird I had was shot with the heavyweight. A lot of the others were, too. Some of the lower birds were killed with 36gm 2 steel.

I will sort you some of that shot out this week! Apologies, I keep remembering, then forgetting again.

Edited by motty

I would say the geese take priority when they are around in good numbers. There are decent numbers of duck around, but I wouldn't call it a great duck marsh. Good bags of various duck can be had when the tides and winds are favourable and the effort is put in. I intend to try and shoot a few more duck in the coming weeks.

Thanks Motty........There are some good fowling grounds up and down the country and your area is up there amongst the best and myself and I am sure the other members would like to say thanks for sharing your experience with us and look forward to see other videos of what the place has to offer.

If you could market your home loads , and we can see for ourselves how good they are , you could be on a good little earner as there would be plenty of chaps who would like a few boxes :good: