Pinkfoot shooting video

motty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Motty,

Assuming these are all with the 10 bore. Some very good shooting and those birds were definately shifting.

Nice videos you certain know to get in the right spot.

Cheers

Rich

To be honest, I've shot more geese with the 12 this season. I think only the first few clips on the video were with me using the 10.

Thanks Motty........There are some good fowling grounds up and down the country and your area is up there amongst the best and myself and I am sure the other members would like to say thanks for sharing your experience with us and look forward to see other videos of what the place has to offer.

If you could market your home loads , and we can see for ourselves how good they are , you could be on a good little earner as there would be plenty of chaps who would like a few boxes :good:

I do love my home loads, but they are nothing that anyone else could not make. I just follow some good recipes. I must say, I really do rate the hw13 shot that I have.

I do love my home loads, but they are nothing that anyone else could not make. I just follow some good recipes. I must say, I really do rate the hw13 shot that I have.

Would you say you can get a much improved cartridge from home loads to factory loads.

Seen some guys with home loads in Scotland drop some very high birds. Seems you can create some deadly loads if you do DIY.

Would you say you can get a much improved cartridge from home loads to factory loads.

Seen some guys with home loads in Scotland drop some very high birds. Seems you can create some deadly loads if you do DIY.

Everything about your own loads can be tailored to what you want. You can adjust things slightly to achieve better patterns.

Notice you on one occasion you shot the lead bird. I believe they are the old ones that lead the younger ones. Old bird means old meat. Not the best.

The leader may be an old bird sometimes but it can still be good eating. When you are standing in thick sticky mud unless the bird is at the right angle the target can be difficult to hit. A skien will come over you quite fast and usualy at a fair height . Messing about trying to select a nice tender juicy youngster is not usualy senceable. Take the easiest bird to be sure of your shot and worry about the eating qualities later.

Of course if you are in a nice dry warm hide inland where foot work is easy it may be possible in good light to select the bird you want , but its a different story on the foreshore.