air rifle postage

fog horn

Good evening guys..

ive got a question. . Again I hear you ask :) Here it is does anyone know who will deliver a air rifle for me? a courier or something!

I phoned Royal mail today to ask them and the guy on the phone was less then helpful and sounded like I was I serial killer when I asked about air gun postage and could not wait to get me off the phone :)

Regards

foggy..

I would not send one with parcel force as they do not accept guns so any problem and the insurance will not pay out .

The only way they can be sent is via royal mail special delivery , even this has been made almost impossible as they have set size limits which many airguns do not meet even with the stock and action seperated.

you can send with parcel force express 48 ! take from their website...

Arms and Ammunition

Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g.www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).
Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).
Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.

Edited by simjakcal

you can send with parcel force express 48 ! take from their website...

Arms and Ammunition

Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only

These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g.www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).

Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).

Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.

I stand corrected , thanks for pointing it out , at one time parcel force would not carry airguns.