Help Required

Hi

Has anyone seen anything like this before??

2 weeks ago i noticed a lump on the top of her eye,so i rubbed it and the fur and hair came off it,2 days later i took her to the vets and he prescribed antibiotics,just been back to the vet and she is having a biopsy in the morning because they have not worked.

NOW

Over the last month or so she has been working very heavy cover with blackthorn and nettles etc she has been in dirty water sniffed a dead fox,retrieved pigeons and crows jumped in a cattle trough rolled in pig muck eaten junk food.

Oh and it's making me feel sad :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Best Regards

Neil

post-66262-0-66737900-1416944175_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

That's a broad spectrum antibiotic so it should cover most skin infections so Google says :/

Have you spotted any other lumps or bumps Neil?

No there's nothing else and it is not irritating her

Thanks

Neil

looks nasty mate similar thing happened to a lab checked everything until we looked inside its mouth and it had a thistle thorn embedded deep in under his lip so just check inside the mouth to see if any thing has been picked up good luck

Thanks

would something in her mouth affect her eye?

She had a biopsy today and the vet said if it was my dog i would not be worried and he almost sure it's not anything nasty.

Fingers crossed eh.

yes the thistle was in the inside of the labs top lip on the same side as the swelled up eye and his eye swelled up worse than you dogs but once found after a couple of hours it went back to normal

Thanks

I will check tomorrow but thanks for the post.

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil, how's she doing, any results back yet?

We missed you both yesterday. Hope she's better soon.

Hi Mark

I have not had any news from the vet yet but since the biopsy the lump seems to be going down,there is still is no hair on it so i have been walking her on the lead :yes::yes: she will only start hunting and cut it.

I don't know but i pulled an ingrowing seed out of her left ear last night and i check her all the time for this sort of thing.

Thanks for asking and i cannot wait to work her again because she has too much energy at the moment.

Regards

Neil

Well today i have the best news from the vet....Over a week ago he took a biopsy and the results came today..

The lump is nothing nasty and he said it's no more than either a tick or a thorn that's got infected and killed the hair follicles and they should grow back in time.

As it is my birthday today this was the best present.

Thanks

Neil