Is a 109000 MPs on a disel to worry about?

chady

With most cars of higher milage its all about service history and condition. 100k isn't that high, 10 years worth and if serviceing has been kept up to date shouldn't be a problem, My landrover has done 300000 and still works! ok its a bit low on power but not by much.

I the car looks like someone has loved and cared for it and if the pirce is right the milage wouldn't bother me too much.

My daily driver is an X reg 206 2.0 HDi, bought it 3 and a half years ago with 111,000 on the clock, was owned by a mate for 4 years before me and one other guy before that, service stamps showed it'd been serviced every 6,000 miles from new which is something I've continued, it's now on 156,000 and still pulling well (as well as they ever did...) and returns just over 60mpg on a steady motorway run. Plenty more life in it yet.

Thanks it's a 57 plate and full service history.

So I recon its a ex company car or business owner.

And from the outside it looks very well looked after.

But valeters are good these days.

Thanks

Thanks it's a 57 plate and full service history.

So I recon its a ex company car or business owner.

And from the outside it looks very well looked after.

But valeters are good these days.

Thanks

What needed changing on it between 100,000 and 200.000?

Thanks

TD5 landrovers the fuel injectors at about 180,000 miles, the seize up.

I ran up to 9 diesel vans for over 20 years, we sold them at 300,000 miles, only ever lost 2 engines and never lost a gearbox. My last Disco TD5 I bought at 112,000 and sold at 262,000 miles, it was fine until 180,000 when it started a few niggles but no major problems.

A

My last 11 plate 520D drove beautifully but had a catastrophic engine failure at 102,000 miles. Company car, well looked after and never heard what happened afterwards as I moved jobs. But it would have been a new engine.......

Previous one went back at 128,000 and it was due a 'filter' change which was due to cost well over a grand in the BMW garage - maybe cheaper elsewhere. :oops:

So based on my recent experience, I've a little nervous. Older diesel engines seem to run for ever. The newer, high performance ones as the 520d's engine was, seem to be somewhat less everlasting. But still great cars, if you need one that size.

That's the egr filter thingy apparently you can get them cut out Which costs about 300.

I've not botherd with the car any way yet as I might be getting a company car.

And I can't be bothered with another monthly payment.

So I will stick to what I have got

Thx