Blackpowder

I own a Robert Hughes of Birmingham box lock non ejector shotgun. I am told its out of proof and the stock feels loose to the action. Slight pitting in the barrels but I was using it at seed time earlier this year with no problem. The action features a rather simple game scene and retains a lot of its original colour hardening. The barrels are extremely fine grain damascus twist barrels. I had intended giving the gun to a local gunsmith for spares but wonder if sending it to auction - would it be worth anything due to the barrels as the gun itself cannot be worth much spent on it?

Blackpowder

Sorry to say that it has no value . An auctioneer can not sell it other than as stock action and forend ,if you get £20 you will be lucky then by the time you have paid commission and the cost and time of getting it to the auction you will probably be out of pocket .

If an RFD will take it off your hands I would let him do so , as the only really usable parts will be the main springs and possibly the ribs if he dose a lot of barrel work .