Buisness rates on shooting est's

ditchman

Nicola spungeon...has anounced it is the intention of the scottish parliament to slap buisness rates on shooting estates.........

is she totally nuts.........it will tip them over to loss and put thousands of jobs at risk..............

she is away with the mixer or what !!

They're all cheap digs which they can get away with because the SNP have no real track record of tax raising or being a real government - the SP is basically a big metropolitan council - so they haven't really done anything yet to be criticised. Of course every landowner is a Tory don't you know! Wee Jimmy and her pals just dole out the rest of the UK's money, attack Westminster but forget to tell people that it is just as much (and more likely) Welsh, English and Irish taxes paying for free prescriptions etc. as it is Scottish money. In a way, it would be good to devolve tax powers as then very quickly people would see that they are no different (and probably worse) than any other political party. The hypnotic light would cease to shine and SNP would go back to being a bigoted minority rather than governing as the result of a protest vote.

Nothing like a Nationalist to stir up some division and ruin a good country. After all the rest of the UK is just so nasty to poor poor Scotland. Every woe comes from south of the border. Shameful.

...and now I'm ranting like Salmond..........help me!

It's classic voter baiting, and not being mindful of the mass unemployment they are about the start in the rural economy - Can't help feel they might get a kicking in the election as more people realise one policy is not enough for government, especially when the people have already rejected that police

+1 :good:

Nicola spungeon...has anounced it is the intention of the scottish parliament to slap buisness rates on shooting estates.........

is she totally nuts.........it will tip them over to loss and put thousands of jobs at risk..............

she is away with the mixer or what !!

Ok, I have missed something. Why are these estates currently exempt from business rates????

Some estates will be private property with no business as such run from them - just large homes effectively.

How big is too big a 'garden'....1/3 acre, 1,4,10,50,5000 acres?

The whole business rates valuation is crazy - as are 'mansion' taxes. They fail to take into account an ability to pay. Just because you have a large property does not mean you have a large income.

For example I have a small business, but bought my building at the bottom of the market in the recession. However because it is over the max floorspace threshhold to be a 'small business' I pay full rate despite the fact that I am not a business with dozens of employees and a turnover to match. I need a large building for large machines. Then to add insult to injury I HAVE to pay a small business rate supplement to offset the council's loss of income when they give small business rate discounts - despite the fact that some of these firms will turn over more than me! Farcical!

Then of course the council writes to me inviting local business people to become councillors and to help them raise extra revenue (by giving up what little free time I have) FOXTROT OSCAR!!

there ceases my rant heh heh

...and then of course there are distorted views like this guy's - http://www.andywightman.com/?page_id=1246

He proposes a land value tax where you pay an annual tax based on the value of your land regardless of income AND the person who pays changes - it's no longer tax at the point of consumption http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0041/00417920.pdf

He seems to think that money comes out of thin air.....

The plans that the SNP have for land reform in Scotland are a peaceful version of Mugabe's policies. It attacks the very concept of ownership of anything full stop comrades.

Gigha was sold a few years back by the owner to the community - it is now several million (£3M?)in the red. Ah but the community says the islands value has increased to £7 million - yes but you only get that if you sell it or raise a loan against it (reposessed if not repayed) !!!!!! ...oh and suddenly now the community doesn't own it. So if, under the new proposals, you have to sell it - who buys it....large single entity landowners are now banned. So does that mean the taxpayer ends up bailing out community land projects that fail?

http://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/news/no-sport-relief-for-estates.25983487

Edited by LeadWasp