Anyone tried eating crows

loriusgarrulus

Think I`d shoot something a litte tastier personally !

We have a new permission which is a wood full of crows and some adjoining fields and have been requested to thin them out a bit. Seems a waste just to chuck them. There are also lots of pigeon and rabbits too. Even saw a pheasant in there. :)

they must be awefull even the foxes wont eat em,best recipe is done with a spade.

As in frying on the back of a spade. :lol:

Never personally but I know years ago Rook pie was a reqular country dish. But I believe they were picked birds as in young birds in the rookery.

Does anyone know if there are any toxin issues with eating birds that have probably eaten carrion?

Only thing I have heard of is not to eat rabbit near where Belladonna is growing as they can eat it and the toxin is in the meat.

As in frying on the back of a spade. :lol:

Only thing I have heard of is not to eat rabbit near where Belladonna is growing as they can eat it and the toxin is in the meat.

So the game dealer or local butcher will display Belladonna free rabbit in there window....

More to the case how would decide if one rabbit has eaten the plant in your statement as they do travel a bit to feed...

Sorry to say some of your posts are quite close to being ridicules....

TEH

So the game dealer or local butcher will display Belladonna free rabbit in there window....

More to the case how would decide if one rabbit has eaten the plant in your statement as they do travel a bit to feed...

TEH

Why, she was only answering a question I asked and passed on some of her knowledge.

TRADITIONAL EFFECTS: The entire Belladonna plant contains tropane alkaloids in varying quantities. In the living plant, hyoscamine is the dominant alkaloid. This is converted to atropine in the drying and storage process. The alkaloids in belladonna are transferred to the tissues of animals who consume the plant. In one case, an entire family experienced hallucinations after eating a rabbit. Rabbits are known to be fond of belladonna, and it is not at all toxic to them, so chances are he had enjoyed a nice snack sometime before being eaten (Voogelbreinder 2009, 97).

Why, she was only answering a question I asked and passed on some of her knowledge.

TRADITIONAL EFFECTS: The entire Belladonna plant contains tropane alkaloids in varying quantities. In the living plant, hyoscamine is the dominant alkaloid. This is converted to atropine in the drying and storage process. The alkaloids in belladonna are transferred to the tissues of animals who consume the plant. In one case, an entire family experienced hallucinations after eating a rabbit. Rabbits are known to be fond of belladonna, and it is not at all toxic to them, so chances are he had enjoyed a nice snack sometime before being eaten (Voogelbreinder 2009, 97).

I to checked out the affect of Belladonna on the internet, my question was to how would you police the movement of rabbits in the proximity of the plant in question....in simple terms you cant, moreover they do not show symptoms from eating it.

As regards passing over knowledge, both you and I advised on the spec of pressure vessel's for the op and it was good info, not here say.....

Both of us are engineers and to that point we work on facts not fiction.....you don't test a 232 bar tank to the spec of a 300 bar tank on the advice of " I heard it was...."

TEH

TEH

That does seem a little harsh TEH, she only said 'I heard' which means that it not scientific fact nor does it state that it is her opinion, merely that she heard.

You may be an engineer, which I think is pretty cool, but I am sure there are some subjects that you aren't completely fulfilled with knowledge on, and you may say "I heard that...[insert thing you HEARD here]" which means that you don't necessarily believe this to be a fact or not, you merely are passing on something you have heard from someone else.

You mentioned on another thread your age, and some of your posts have been a little grumpy with people, perhaps you are suffering a 'man-o-pause'. I heard that this is a real condition which affects all middle aged men... :rolleyes:

As with most things it is all down to the cooking almost anything can be made to taste good if it is cooked properly after all people even eat bugs in parts of the world.

If you are developing a head of steamy enthusiasm regarding the edible prospects of crow cuisine, before indulging your taste buds might I suggest a walk through your local park where you can observe the corvids picking through the plies of hot dogs #### in there enterprising search for the tasty morsels contained within the putrid mess! :)

Oh, and rabbits eat their own #### don’t you know? Better than reading it I suppose! :whistling:

Edited by STOTTO