new perm

fieldcraft

Been out and about today looking for new perm after last perm,farmers went bust and we lost all out perm anyway first farm no good already got shooters . second farm result lovely bloke says shoot here whenever you want you'll be doing me a favour showed us 2 fields of osr bout 100 acres and going to show us the rest at a later date. So me and dad looking forward to a shoot after two months of of torture not being able to

P.C. Do you buy yours from Lidl?

No , I use to bring it back from my holidays in Greece when duty free allowed you to buy from local supermarket. Last year Morrisons did a deal on Litre bottles of Grouse for £ 13.49 so I did a few trips to buy sufficient numbers. We have a few farmers who prefer bottles of wine .

Well done , great news that you have new ground to shoot . I agree a bottle will seal the deal . Last year it cost us 25 bottles but it has given us great shooting over the year a small price to pay. Again well done for going out asking.

yep , same here a mixture of wines and spirits in a nice gift bag can get expensive but, ( 2 big estates and 17 farms ) weigh that against the shooting I get its cheap . Do it every year and secures my shooting for the forthcoming year

No , I use to bring it back from my holidays in Greece when duty free allowed you to buy from local supermarket. Last year Morrisons did a deal on Litre bottles of Grouse for £ 13.49 so I did a few trips to buy sufficient numbers. We have a few farmers who prefer bottles of wine .

Some of the farmers I shoot for prefer wine (mostly so their wives can have it), but some have asked me to stop buying them anything, as they are just happy that I do the shooting for them.

Good result on the new shooting permission. :good:

I seem to get as much from my Farmers at Christmas as I give to them, because they are pleased with the "job" I do.

In the last few years I have started doing a trade with the Game Dealer with my pigeons.

I take in return fresh oven ready pheasants, ducks, partridge and venison in the form of steaks, sausages,shanks, etc. and give them out to the Farmers (and a few friends and some local OAPs), they go down very well as a gift and money doesn't change hands.

Good result on the new shooting permission. :good:

I seem to get as much from my Farmers at Christmas as I give to them, because they are pleased with the "job" I do.

In the last few years I have started doing a trade with the Game Dealer with my pigeons.

I take in return fresh oven ready pheasants, ducks, partridge and venison in the form of steaks, sausages,shanks, etc. and give them out to the Farmers (and a few friends and some local OAPs), they go down very well as a gift and money doesn't change hands.

The good old barter system is still the best well done. :good::good: