Registered ESP etiquette

HSV_V8

Good morning,

After attending a couple of local(ish) registered shoots last weekend I can quite honestly say that I was not overly impressed by the way some groups of shooters were behaving at one particular shoot, I found that some were actively pushing their way to the front of the queue to hand in the cards to the referee to get in first, when clearly other people were waiting inline to hand the cards in.

In the past (admittedly i'm fairly new to the sport) I have had no problems with this and found that the larger groups would often let just the two of us go in front which I found admirable.

Maybe it is just me but it has certainly put me off going to this particular shoot as it gave the impression of bad organisation and general free for all feeling whilst paying what seems a premium price to shoot there.

Mild annoyance over.

Cheers

Not a problem at the registered esp shoots that I attend, the trick is to suss out who is waiting to hand their cards to the scorer and give them your card which they will then put at the bottom of the stack of cards to be handed over.

I've not witnessed guys pushing in, most would be politely told by other shooters to wait their turn.

Cat

Not a problem at the registered esp shoots that I attend, the trick is to suss out who is waiting to hand their cards to the scorer and give them your card which they will then put at the bottom of the stack of cards to be handed over.

I've not witnessed guys pushing in, most would be politely told by other shooters to wait their turn.

Cat

I agree, not a problem that's caused me much lost sleep. If the stand is that busy I often walk on trying to find another with fewer people waiting.

I agree, not a problem that's caused me much lost sleep. If the stand is that busy I often walk on trying to find another with fewer people waiting.

It's probably just that particular shoot as I have had no issues in the past with any others, everyone being very pleasant. Fair to say, I don't think I will be going there again.

Which ones do you shoot Cat? They seem to be far and few between in Herts.

Hmm. I do get around a bit, I have to because as you say, registered shoots are few and far between in Herts, I go to Northampton, Hornet, Barrow Heath, Cambridge, Hepworth Hall, Weston Wood, Southdown, Hickstead, Four Counties, EJ Churchill, Sporting Targets, Doveridge, to name but a few.

Cat

Hmm. I do get around a bit, I have to because as you say, registered shoots are few and far between in Herts, I go to Northampton, Hornet, Barrow Heath, Cambridge, Hepworth Hall, Weston Wood, Southdown, Hickstead, Four Counties, EJ Churchill, Sporting Targets, Doveridge, to name but a few.

Cat

Let me no next your up at northampton ill come watch the master shoot

HSV_V8 which club was it at? Generally the 3 clubs I shoot reg ESP at are very well organised, as are the people who shoot there as well.

I wouldn't want to name names on here but it's a new ground to me, like I said everywhere else I been be it Churchills, Sporting Targets, Doveridge, Orston etc been spot on and very well organised with clearly marked stands and no feeling of being pressured by groups trying to get in front, I suppose some of those grounds you are led round anyway on a registered.

Most of the reg shoots round here the ref goes with you so no need to worry.

I did find the British open was pretty ok really a few upset people but as was said didn't bother me as I got to see more of the birds and work it all out.

British open was good for me, got in early and done, no queuing, arguing, fighting etc but a few tears at the score!

Cat

I don't do registered shoots at the moment but may consider it in the future. I notice a fair few places start doing them - then stop - like Valley View used to do a registered, as did Atkin Grant & Lang. But no longer - not sure why, or maybe they are taking a break.

Edited by aris

Kibworth stopped doing fortnightly registered shoots as they couldn't be bothered any longer.

A great pity as it's a good ground and those shoots used to be well attended.

Cat

Yeah I like it there shoot most Sundays out of kids football season. Took will there the other week he seemed to like the set up.

Might make a good charity shoot 😉