BSA R10 Mk2 Elite Limited Edition

chrisjpainter

Well, BSA are going down the Daystate route of producing limited runs on guns and doing nothing except tarting up the outside!

This is the R10 mk2 Elite...

post-26888-0-12998700-1417552679_thumb.jpg

Essentially it's a fancy stock and a huggett shroud. price is believed to be £1000 (gun only) and only at The Airgun Centre, Essex.

I'm sure it's all jolly nice, but surely a new mark would be more useful - one with all the known little faults removed! I'd take an R10 that didn't have a better than average chance of needing a tune immediately over a flash stock i'd be loathed to get scratched!

or am i missing the point. Anyone a fan of these limited edition guns?

Not me i'm afraid... i've done a mistake in the past and bought an R10 MK2 ... i wouldn't touch one again, limited or not.

I have one and love it - but only now after it's had the loading mechanism smoothed out, the internals fettled, the regulator changed and a real shroud fitted! If they were going to do a new R10, perhaps they should have started with those issues first...

I have one and love it - but only now after it's had the loading mechanism smoothed out, the internals fettled, the regulator changed and a real shroud fitted! If they were going to do a new R10, perhaps they should have started with those issues first...

+1 Mr Bowkett did a fine job of mine!

Well, BSA are going down the Daystate route of producing limited runs on guns and doing nothing except tarting up the outside!

This is the R10 mk2 Elite...

attachicon.gif10384526_10204343987374666_1141518888004429418_n.jpg

Essentially it's a fancy stock and a huggett shroud. price is believed to be £1000 (gun only) and only at The Airgun Centre, Essex.

I'm sure it's all jolly nice, but surely a new mark would be more useful - one with all the known little faults removed! I'd take an R10 that didn't have a better than average chance of needing a tune immediately over a flash stock i'd be loathed to get scratched!

or am i missing the point. Anyone a fan of these limited edition guns?

Buy a Super 10 then old chap!

have to say chris,,its a real looker, the only thing is I,m not really into the laminated stock , I would rather have a nice piece of walnut anyday,

with regards the comment re bad r10mk2 it seems to happen with every brand of rifle be it BSA,AIRARMS and even DAYSTATE but I have to be honest and say the BSA r10mk2 I had was a fantastic little accurate rifle and totally faultless,

one thing I did like about it was it was the bull barrel version , it was nice and short and also light, sold it to buy the wolverine b otherwise I,d still have it now

atb Evo

Edited by evo

Looks good but I wouldn't spend the extra on it. I've just got one made in FAC, came with an excellent walnut stock and shot 814fps to 816fps over the chrono for 30 shot test I did with Bisley Magnums,groups well at 50yds so I'm more than happy with it.

Why spend a lot of dosh on a new gun and then spend some more to put it right? Buy Weihrauch, spend once!

I'm a die hard BSA fan and although acknowledging their QC issues, which seem as good or bad as their contemporaries, still rate their PCPs with the best of them.

I can see the appeal of the Elite to some, but not my bag if I'm honest, nice to see a lefty stock though!

Be even nicer if they'd fitted a lefty bolt to it, like Air Arms.

Why do manufacturers insist on calling it "special edition" or "laminated stock"?

The mechanicals are the same and laminate is plywood to my mind, the final product always looks like a standard gun wearing clowns trousers.

Still, if they can persuade someone to pay for it they increase their profits I suppose.

Still, if they can persuade someone to pay for it they increase their profits I suppose.

It wont be going to increase their profits. More to help towards the cost of all the returns they get under warranty. They should have sorted things out long ago. Heaven only knows what the £900 Goldstar will be like for reliability. I was told it has a new regulator but they were having issues with it. Still no sign of it in the shops. One to avoid methinks :whistling:

Edited by elcaro

The Goldstar is nothing more than a regulated Scorpion! A standard Scorpion multishot is around £540 which basically means you are forking out £360 for a regulator that can be fitted by someone like XTX for £165 including a tune up! BSA are making a big mistake and thinking that the customers do not know!

They enjoy making mistakes so much that they are thinking up lots of new ones to make. The thing is, with at least three seriously good tuners out there, and with every BSA forum, FB group and airgun site raving about them, it's amazing people still don't know!

• 7 years later...

I have an R10 Elite LE. Had it since new a cracking rifle which I use only in my garden on targets. I have quite a collection of air rifles so none of them get over used which is why I suppose I don’t get the issues with them. If I only had the one then it would be used a lot and maybe faults would appear. Having said that all my rifles are cleaned and oiled after use.