Air Arms S410 Classic Barrel secured with loctite ?

HAYBURN

HI

I got this gun second hand.for month's it was shooting fine.then it started to shoot all over the place.Decided to strip it down an have a look.

I found the port seal o ring had split.striped the hole thing down.the worst part was the hammer and

slider.very dirty and corrosion on the surface.cleaned and polished this up :good: ordered up a full set of seals

removed barrel an bush so i can change the o ring. It looks like the barrel had loctite on the end that fits in to the bras bush an then in to the bolt housing.also had some on the grub screws

QUESTION

Do I use loctite on the end of the barrel and on the grub screws.

First thing that comes to mind is, as Loctite is a fairly permanent fix it should not be used on grub screws if you will need to easily remove them in the future. Use one of the thread lock type fixes if you have to, holds the screws in place but easily allows removal of the screws when needed. (unless there is a suitable Loctite screw friendly product available).

End of the barrel? not sure about. My concern would be is there a Loctite product compatible with o rings or does the stuff damage them.

I would also bear in mind that Loctite is not used during manufacture so it should not be needed as a service fix. However the guy who used it before may have had a reason for doing so, or he may just have been a little lazy and silly.

Daresay others will be along to give their views so I would take the consensus opinion.

Hope your service goes well.

Bri