Had A Result Today

belly47

On one of my permissions I have only permission to use shotgun and air rifle.

I have been shooting this land for about 2 years now and any request to the farmer to use my rimfires has been rebuffed.

Well today I saw the farmer and had a good chat about this and that so I took the plunge and asked him again and he said yes no problem without any hesitation and signed my police permission form there and then!!

It looks like the many many hours spent on his farm have been worthwhile, unlike the other people who have permission on this farm I am there year round, in the cold wet and nasty weather that sees the others stay indoors and come out at harvest time.

Pretty pleased with the days events and just shows that I must be doing something right in his eyes.

cheers Bob

good to see you back on here again mate

gives me another permission to use the EVO NIGHTVISION!!!

not been out myself much of late, son has been poorly on life support and was transferred to Stoke ICU only bloody place with a bed,the last month has been horrific Lee, went out one night last week and last night, only had one but lad is back home now and ok so back to normality and out shooting a bit more at last,i,m taking one of the lads out 2moro then got a few builds to start and a torch for one of the lads off here,

cant wait to get back out mate

using the NV kits 2moro glad your still getting out with yours and judging by how you have been doing the rabbits betta beware lol

atb Evo

not been out myself much of late, son has been poorly on life support and was transferred to Stoke ICU only bloody place with a bed,the last month has been horrific Lee, went out one night last week and last night, only had one but lad is back home now and ok so back to normality and out shooting a bit more at last,i,m taking one of the lads out 2moro then got a few builds to start and a torch for one of the lads off here,

using the NV kits 2moro glad your still getting out with yours and judging by how you have been doing the rabbits betta beware lol

atb Evo

atb Evo

Glad your lad is okay mate . I can only imagine how it's been for you. Good that he is back home now.

I imagine you could do with some shooting to relax a bit as it sounds like things have been rough

Keep your head up and get shooting :)

May I ask, what is a 'police permission form'? I have never heard of such a document.

badly worded on my part really, what I mean is the `shooting on land application` that has to be completed and sent to the police when your firearms licence is deemed as closed and you get new land to shoot on

http://www.kent.police.uk/advice/licences_and_permits/firearms_licensing/attachments/Shooting%20on%20land%20application%20form.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

sent off my letter to the police a couple of weeks ago stating that I had a new piece of land to shoot on as is normal on a `closed` ticket and enquired if I could have my licence made `Open`

well today I had a call from the FEO asking if he can pop round for 5 minutes, so naturally I agreed.

we had a chat about how my shooting has been going and he could see that ive been using rifles regularly and said that's no problem at all.

had my firearms ticket for 15 months so im naturally well pleased.

My FEO said I probably wont get newly printed licence until after Christmas but he will hand deliver it to me and take the old one away. Good service from Kent Police I think.

Happy Days

don't know anything about him, only dealt with Bob.

get on the phone and chase it up, I made a bit of a nuisance of myself when I originally applied for my FAC to the point I think they were glad to issue it just to stop me phoning, I even had that hand delivered to me.

Well done Belly47

I have just put in for my licence renewal. I took it the police station and personally handed it over to the FEO. He questioned me there and then. I asked him if he could make it open and he said it depends on how much I intend to use my gun. I put my foot in it a bit, because I told him I had not used it in the past year. I had to back track and tell him that I looking for more land to shoot over and intended using it a lot more. My licence shows that I have acquired 1100 rounds of ammo. My average over the 4 year usage works out at 275 per year or 23 per month. I just hope that’s enough usage to convince him into letting me have my licence open.

Well done Belly47

I have just put in for my licence renewal. I took it the police station and personally handed it over to the FEO. He questioned me there and then. I asked him if he could make it open and he said it depends on how much I intend to use my gun. I put my foot in it a bit, because I told him I had not used it in the past year. I had to back track and tell him that I looking for more land to shoot over and intended using it a lot more. My licence shows that I have acquired 1100 rounds of ammo. My average over the 4 year usage works out at 275 per year or 23 per month. I just hope that’s enough usage to convince him into letting me have my licence open.

best of luck with it

Well done Belly47

I have just put in for my licence renewal. I took it the police station and personally handed it over to the FEO. He questioned me there and then. I asked him if he could make it open and he said it depends on how much I intend to use my gun. I put my foot in it a bit, because I told him I had not used it in the past year. I had to back track and tell him that I looking for more land to shoot over and intended using it a lot more. My licence shows that I have acquired 1100 rounds of ammo. My average over the 4 year usage works out at 275 per year or 23 per month. I just hope thats enough usage to convince him into letting me have my licence open.

Have never known any fac come back closed after a renewal should be automaticaly opened.

Have never known any fac come back closed after a renewal should be automaticaly opened.

I live in Dyfed Powys and had to fill in a lovely form to get an open licence after holding a FAC for 7 years. Unfortunately not all Forces automatically issue open licences on renewal.

I had to tell them how I undertake a risk assessment on land, cover the amount of shooting I do, why I want an open licence etc. Fortunately I now have an open licence though I have been waiting 4 months for a visit following my renewal application (not impressed).

it really isn't, got my ticket back the other day, finally !!! apparently because I wanted the 6BR for fox and vermin (I don't target shoot) it couldn't be done over the phone. as you say it all depends on who you have, considering they are all trained the same way, that shouldn't matter.

it really isn't, got my ticket back the other day, finally !!! apparently because I wanted the 6BR for fox and vermin (I don't target shoot) it couldn't be done over the phone. as you say it all depends on who you have, considering they are all trained the same way, that shouldn't matter.

good news then that you got it back then.

enjoy the 6BR, I must admit I know nothing about that calibre so I will do some googling and try and learn something!!!