where have they gone?

AberFowl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's February it's a full moon and people wonder were the geese are!! There minds will be set on heading North and there spring migration, over the next three or four weeks they will be gone. Daylight length and not weather will make them migrate.

The amount I have seen today was incredible, but how many have I not seen going over?

The only reason I saw the second lot was I saw folks in the street looking up so I rushed out the back of the house and saw them going West.

It's February it's a full moon and people wonder were the geese are!! There minds will be set on heading North and there spring migration, over the next three or four weeks they will be gone. Daylight length and not weather will make them migrate.

The thread was started on the 6th of December , and I see no post asking where they have gone since mid December !

I think the majority of them will have done the off on this moon , but I did see a small skein on the marsh this morning so still a chance.

Fingers crossed for him, even a shot at a duck would put a smile on his face. He can't complain though after all the other shooting he has done this season, just hoping he likes wildfowling as a whole package I.e. Sights and sounds.